Jockey wheel replacement.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossala

Guru
My top jockey wheel is making a grinding noise, I've cleaned and tried to throw some lube on but it's not making a difference. Can anyone advise me a good replacement. The derallier is a 6703 (ultegra - triple).
Cheers.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I had a similar problem and was amazed how much ultegra jockey wheels cost. I just replaced like for like. The two wheels are different so make sure you fit them correctly.

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
Yeah, 15 quid is the cheapest I can find. Silly, I paid around 60 for the whole derrallieur. Should be a warranty problem though, only had it 2 months. It's weird though, it all looks smooth and not damaged when taken apart.

lejogger

Guru
My top jockey wheel is making a grinding noise, I've cleaned and tried to throw some lube on but it's not making a difference. Can anyone advise me a good replacement. The derallier is a 6703 (ultegra - triple).
Cheers.
When you say cleaned, have you just wiped it through or have you undone the bolts, whipped it out taken it apart and given it a thorough clean to make sure there's no grit or anything caught up.

I bought some replacement jockey wheels about 6 months ago, but when I actually stripped the old ones down to replace them I ended up giving them a proper thorough clean, stuck them back in again and they were as good as new.

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
When you say cleaned, have you just wiped it through or have you undone the bolts, whipped it out taken it apart and given it a thorough clean to make sure there's no grit or anything caught up.

I bought some replacement jockey wheels about 6 months ago, but when I actually stripped the old ones down to replace them I ended up giving them a proper thorough clean, stuck them back in again and they were as good as new.
No, I took them apart and cleaned then regressed.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Are they not ceramic bushes on Ultegra ? The old stuff is, and I've not changed my Dura Ace or Ultegra jockey's in 20 years. Only the MTB has had it's jockey's replaced - that had lower spec jockey's though.

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
Are they not ceramic bushes on Ultegra ? The old stuff is, and I've not changed my Dura Ace or Ultegra jockey's in 20 years. Only the MTB has had it's jockey's replaced - that had lower spec jockey's though.
Yeah, they are. They look fine, but it's giving an aweful noise. I may pinch one off another bike just to make sure.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'd check there is no debris stuck in there. Shouldn't wear out. Completely clean out, see if any debris and spin without Greece or putting the side plates on. Have you cleaned out the rubber seals

Top Bottom