Jockey wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A guy at work said the same this morning, not a chance, too hilly on my commute :whistle:
No one could possibly ride up thru Brinnington on a fixed :tongue:
Longers climbed Langbar on his fixed ahead of me and did a trackstand halfway up to admire the view! :becool:

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Oh, and my bike is back with me, new wheel fitted, need a quick test ride round the block but can't be bothered too tired.
Need a new jockey wheel apparently, seems I got something right for a change :biggrin: though the bike shop only sells generic ones and not SHimano ones, he says they are both the same top and bottom :wacko: yet shimano sell them separately?

Had to pry myself away from a couple of CX bikes in there, very nice :tongue:

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
I had already noted the extra play in the top one but it seems that this is normal, but as this was an experienced bike mechanic who noted it in a report whilst fitting my wheel it sounds like there's more play than there should be.
Looking around there's not a lot of cheapish ones out there to buy, seen some Shimano compatible ones which are labelled as a pair (top and bottom) for around £15.

Jockey wheels

Can't order them as I need my new credit card :rolleyes:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Take the jockey wheel off and have a look, when I took mine apart the are 2 dish type washers, one on each side, with a metal colar/bearing in the middle and you can see that the colar is slightly wider that the jockey wheel so the wheel slides side to side slightly on the bearing.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I had already noted the extra play in the top one but it seems that this is normal, but as this was an experienced bike mechanic who noted it in a report whilst fitting my wheel it sounds like there's more play than there should be.
Looking around there's not a lot of cheapish ones out there to buy, seen some Shimano compatible ones which are labelled as a pair (top and bottom) for around £15.

Jockey wheels

Can't order them as I need my new credit card :rolleyes:

Spa Cycles do them as well here -> CLICK ME you should have said Spa are my local LBS I could have picked them up for you.

Top Bottom