JOGLE - my turn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The date is getting close now. Soon, I will be winging my way to Edinburgh and then off to John O’Groats to start my journey to Land’s End. I’ve created a link to my planned route as a GPX file here. It is a slightly longer route but that is so I can spend a bit more time riding in Scotland. Any suggestions of places worth visiting along the way?
Cheers
W

Ice2911

Über Member
The date is getting close now. Soon, I will be winging my way to Edinburgh and then off to John O’Groats to start my journey to Land’s End. I’ve created a link to my planned route as a GPX file here. It is a slightly longer route but that is so I can spend a bit more time riding in Scotland. Any suggestions of places worth visiting along the way?
Cheers
W
I recently finished LEJOG and used ferries to ride through Skye,Mull and Arran, worth thinking about. I also nipped to Another place to see the Gormly Statues at Crosby beach near Liverpool. My ride is documented at paulandrewlejog.wordpress.com if that helps. I loved riding in Scotland, even in the rain. Enjoy the ride :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

travel31x

Regular
I recently finished LEJOG and used ferries to ride through Skye,Mull and Arran, worth thinking about. I also nipped to Another place to see the Gormly Statues at Crosby beach near Liverpool. My ride is documented at paulandrewlejog.wordpress.com if that helps. I loved riding in Scotland, even in the rain. Enjoy the ride :smile:

Love the blog and thanks for the suggestions. Now I'm looking forward to the ride even more!

Ajax Bay

Guru
I’ve created a link to my planned route as a GPX file here.
Readers (if interested) will find the route easier to access through this RwGPS link (created from the OP's gpx file).
Think the OP will get massively frustrated trying to follow the wriggling NCNs on very narrow roads, in some sections.
Would strongly recommend using the tow paths down the Great Glen south of Loch Ness and to cut back down to the tow path (very wide and perfect surface) after visiting the Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge. That drops you out at Corpach, just N of Ft William.
Any suggestions of places worth visiting along the way?
I would consider crossing Loch Linnhe at the Corran Narrows (10 miles south of Fort William), going down the west side of the loch and thence to Lochaline, take the short ferry across to Mull (Fishnish) cycle on Mull and then return to the mainland by ferry to Oban. (Cambusnagaul ferry from FW even better but frequency low).
I'd go across Brunel's Avon Suspension Bridge in Bristol, rather than the main/dual-carriageway route you've shared.
Wells Cathedral
Glastonbury Tor
Fistral beach, Newquay

OP
OP
T

travel31x

Regular
Readers (if interested) will find the route easier to access through this RwGPS link (created from the OP's gpx file).
Think the OP will get massively frustrated trying to follow the wriggling NCNs on very narrow roads, in some sections.
Would strongly recommend using the tow paths down the Great Glen south of Loch Ness and to cut back down to the tow path (very wide and perfect surface) after visiting the Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge. That drops you out at Corpach, just N of Ft William.

I would consider crossing Loch Linnhe at the Corran Narrows (10 miles south of Fort William), going down the west side of the loch and thence to Lochaline, take the short ferry across to Mull (Fishnish) cycle on Mull and then return to the mainland by ferry to Oban. (Cambusnagaul ferry from FW even better but frequency low).
I'd go across Brunel's Avon Suspension Bridge in Bristol, rather than the main/dual-carriageway route you've shared.
Wells Cathedral
Glastonbury Tor
Fistral beach, Newquay

Thanks for the advice - will make a few course corrections :-)

Top Bottom