Jorvik anybody?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Any opinions on Jorvik Mountain Trikes?

I took a look at their website and thought they look well specced and a good price for an electric trike. They are using quality battery cells according to the blurb. One thing that’s a bit amiss is they say “ go further faster with a 500w or 750w motor “ but the battery specs are the same for all models so using a more powerful motor would use more battery when doing more work. They are up front about the more powerful motors not being road legal, which is commendable.

OP
OP
oldwheels

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I took a look at their website and thought they look well specced and a good price for an electric trike. They are using quality battery cells according to the blurb. One thing that’s a bit amiss is they say “ go further faster with a 500w or 750w motor “ but the battery specs are the same for all models so using a more powerful motor would use more battery when doing more work. They are up front about the more powerful motors not being road legal, which is commendable.

Thanks for that. I have looked at the web site and do fancy a higher powered but illegal on road motor as my projected use is on forestry tracks and not very high mileage so not too bothered about reduced distance. We have some fearsome hills around here and the higher power would be useful. The folding model would fit into my car so road transport is no problem.
Never seen one in the flesh so to speak and actual user experience is more informative regarding and potential problems.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Thanks for that. I have looked at the web site and do fancy a higher powered but illegal on road motor as my projected use is on forestry tracks and not very high mileage so not too bothered about reduced distance. We have some fearsome hills around here and the higher power would be useful. The folding model would fit into my car so road transport is no problem.
Never seen one in the flesh so to speak and actual user experience is more informative regarding and potential problems.

I dug a little deeper and read the " About " page on their website. It's very reassuring. I've also taken a look at the " Ex Display " page, there's a folding one with dual batteries, might be worth giving them a ring and having a chat.

OP
OP
oldwheels

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I dug a little deeper and read the " About " page on their website. It's very reassuring. I've also taken a look at the " Ex Display " page, there's a folding one with dual batteries, might be worth giving them a ring and having a chat.

The ex display one is approx £100 less than new which would pay most of the delivery charges which brings me on to another topic. They will deliver free to say Plymouth but want £120 to deliver to Oban which is almost the same distance.:angry:
I notice also they use Bafang motors. I given some thought to fitting a motor to my trike and concluded that for my use a Tongsheng was more suitable so not happy with a Bafang. I would prefer to try one out but as it is about 600 miles away on a round trip it is not a realistic proposition for me. Twenty years ago I would happily have driven that distance and indeed often did but not now.
I think it is back to plan B which is a hub gear and Tongsheng on my existing trike.

CXRAndy

Guru
The ex display one is approx £100 less than new which would pay most of the delivery charges which brings me on to another topic. They will deliver free to say Plymouth but want £120 to deliver to Oban which is almost the same distance.:angry:
I notice also they use Bafang motors. I given some thought to fitting a motor to my trike and concluded that for my use a Tongsheng was more suitable so not happy with a Bafang. I would prefer to try one out but as it is about 600 miles away on a round trip it is not a realistic proposition for me. Twenty years ago I would happily have driven that distance and indeed often did but not now.
I think it is back to plan B which is a hub gear and Tongsheng on my existing trike.

I built my wife's bike up with a Tongscheng TSDZ2. The bike came with a 8 speed Shimano Nexus hub. I bought the kit with open software, which transforms the smoothness and removes the need for brake cut-off switches. You can modify virtually all the settings for example, add more assistance levels, battery parameters, different battery voltage and current capacity. Speed cut-off etc.

I bought the motor kit from https://www.electrifybike.com/products/tsdz2-osf-upgrade-motor-kit-250-750w.

They work well with trikes too.

I sourced the 52V battery from a Chinese wholesaler. Setup now into 3rd year, still going strong. Parts are cheap and readily available. There are no manufacturer lockouts like Bosch, Brose, Shimano or Fazua

OP
OP
oldwheels

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I built my wife's bike up with a Tongscheng TSDZ2. The bike came with a 8 speed Shimano Nexus hub. I bought the kit with open software, which transforms the smoothness and removes the need for brake cut-off switches. You can modify virtually all the settings for example, add more assistance levels, battery parameters, different battery voltage and current capacity. Speed cut-off etc.

I bought the motor kit from https://www.electrifybike.com/products/tsdz2-osf-upgrade-motor-kit-250-750w.

They work well with trikes too.

I sourced the 52V battery from a Chinese wholesaler. Setup now into 3rd year, still going strong. Parts are cheap and readily available. There are no manufacturer lockouts like Bosch, Brose, Shimano or Fazua

Thanks for the link. I am convinced from what I have read so far that the Tongscheng is most suitable for what I want and has the advantage of being able two have 2 front chainrings as well.

OP
OP
oldwheels

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Search for them on here.
Very few good reviews.

No link which I presume should be there.