Journey planning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tomorrow I want to cycle from East Manchester (Ashton under Lyne) to my pals house in Wigan (and back after a hearty lunch). When I put the postcodes int my sat navs 'bycycle option' it just sends me down all the major roads (ie very busy traffic).

Anyone got any ideas, as I dont fancy taking on that much worry of the busiest roads at this stage?

Tomorrow I want to cycle from East Manchester (Ashton under Lyne) to my pals house in Wigan (and back after a hearty lunch). When I put the postcodes int my sat navs 'bycycle option' it just sends me down all the major roads (ie very busy traffic).

Anyone got any ideas, as I dont fancy taking on that much worry of the busiest roads at this stage?

Try Cyclestreets.net it give you 3 options, 'the quietest route', 'the fastest route' and a 'balanced route' for the journey by bike.

decca234uk

I didn't know about cyclestreets thanks, that's really useful, amazing the information you can get from this forum.

I first look on Open Cycle Map.
As it colour contored, it can give you a good idea of the hills in the way.
Then plot the route on the likes of Bike Hike.
This way I can see the elevation of the route and check the gradient of the hills.
I can then download the route onto my computer, tweak it with map sorce as need, then upload it to my Garmin.

Easy .......... :biggrin:

Top Bottom