Just a grumble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Ordered some shorts, a couple of jerseys and Deuter rucksack off Wiggle last week, it's #3's birthday tommorrow and he really wanted some 'proper cycling kit', everything was in stock according to website when I placed the order, 24 hours later get an Email telling me, all the Altura stuff is out of stock & will be delivered to me direct from manufacturer.....Approx 3/4 weeks...?? But the bag has been disptached.
So what's a mum to do..? Order replacements from another company, of course!! Over to Evan website, which will let me add items to 'My Basket' but when I go to checkout it's empty... So stressedmummy calls them, one chat with a very nice chappy & an order later, with priority delivery FREE of charge I am a happymummy once more :biggrin:
This morning I leave a note pinned to door.. "Plaese leave parcels with neighbour" Just in case they arrive today.
Next to the front door we have large wooden planter, it stands about 3' high. It is empty at the moment..waiting for #3 to bring his sunflower seedlings home from school...Well, it's not actulay empty as over the weekend it filled with rainwater.. Whats that I see floating....? Oh a nice Wiggle wrapper/bag!!

Serioulsy....What kind of idiot postal/delivery pratt leaves a pacakage balanced on a 2" ledge of a wooden box full of water..????

Inside the house I find a card throygh the door from UPS(Evans), "tried to deliver but no-one home"
So bloody brilliant, #3 now has a soggy rucksack & no cycling kit....
Cue Lividmummy face :cursing:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Must be something in the air. My neighbour ordered something. It arrived today. I know this because as it didn't fit through the letterbox the postman left the package on the pavement outside his front door!!!

What a Muppet.

Ordered some shorts, a couple of jerseys and Deuter rucksack off Wiggle last week, it's #3's birthday tommorrow and he really wanted some 'proper cycling kit', everything was in stock according to website when I placed the order, 24 hours later get an Email telling me, all the Altura stuff is out of stock & will be delivered to me direct from manufacturer.....Approx 3/4 weeks...?? But the bag has been disptached.
So what's a mum to do..? Order replacements from another company, of course!! Over to Evan website, which will let me add items to 'My Basket' but when I go to checkout it's empty... So stressedmummy calls them, one chat with a very nice chappy & an order later, with priority delivery FREE of charge I am a happymummy once more :biggrin:
This morning I leave a note pinned to door.. "Plaese leave parcels with neighbour" Just in case they arrive today.
Next to the front door we have large wooden planter, it stands about 3' high. It is empty at the moment..waiting for #3 to bring his sunflower seedlings home from school...Well, it's not actulay empty as over the weekend it filled with rainwater.. Whats that I see floating....? Oh a nice Wiggle wrapper/bag!!

Serioulsy....What kind of idiot postal/delivery pratt leaves a pacakage balanced on a 2" ledge of a wooden box full of water..????

Inside the house I find a card throygh the door from UPS(Evans), "tried to deliver but no-one home"
So bloody brilliant, #3 now has a soggy rucksack & no cycling kit....
Cue Lividmummy face :cursing:

OP
OP
funnymummy

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
What a muppet in deed Mr. Fish :sad:

And to now really pee me off..... I've just discovered the Deuter bad, doesn't actulay come with the hydration bladder :cursing:
On the picture LINKY HERE it shows the pipe on the bagstrap, I just assumed I was buying a full hydration bag/system..But when you read the description properly (which obvioulsy my dyselxic brain didn't) it says '1 litre hydration bladder compatible' So yes it's my fault for mis-redaing, but the pic clearly shows the tube..Is this misleading...???
A 1 litre bladder will now cost me another £17.99... Add another lividmummy fa
ce to the post :cursing:

D

Deleted member 1258

Must be something in the air. My neighbour ordered something. It arrived today. I know this because as it didn't fit through the letterbox the postman left the package on the pavement outside his front door!!!

What a Muppet.

Definitely something in the air, this morning our neighbour across the road stopped the parcelman putting our parcels under the doormat and took them in for us. Whats the point in trying to hide two large parcels under a thin mat that measures two foot by one foot? Thankfully our normal parcelman is very good and usually arrives before I've gone to work.

Stephenite

Membå
I understand you would be fuming mummy. Some of these people who deliver stuff are either complete idiots, just don't care, or more likely, overworked and stressed.

I ordered some audio-books for my blind brother. He was out when they arrived so the postman just threw the package on the path ready for my brother to trip over. What a ****!

You are right it's good to get it off your chest :smile:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
One delivery man once left ours in the recycling bin - the day before it was due to be emptied... but our normal ones are fantastic and used to leave it by the back door (in a nice little rain shadow) until they discovered the greenhouse up the garden.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I currently have a problem with ParcelForce. They no longer take packages back to their depot, they take them to a sub post office about 3 miles away from my house. This isn't my nearest sub post office, it isn't on a bus route and is really inconvenient to get to. So rather than go to the post office to pick it up, I go online to arrange a redelivery. Get confirmation etc and relax. Then the redelivery day passes and no parcel. Suddenly realisation dawns that because the package isn't in their depot, Parcelforce are in fact just ignoring the redelivery request.

It took me over two weeks last time to get parcelforce to go back to the sub post office, collect the package, take it to their depot and then redeliver it. I now dread the sight of a Parcelforce card on the door mat.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I dread the sight of a parcelforce bod walking up with no parcel, but a ready filled out card.
No knock, no ring on the doorbell, just a 'You were out' card and a fast sprint back to the van.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Our postman is always leaving stuff in the recycling bins. Have to keep checking them just in case. We do have a nice dry green house, which is easily accessible as it's in the side garden that he can put stuff in.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Such are the perils of on-line shopping. Screw-fix though are incredible. ordered 4pm and delivered 8.30am next morning! Wow!

OP
OP
funnymummy

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Words have been had at my local RM depot, I have been asked to put it in writing with a copy of the receipt for the bag & they have offered to refund me!! I never said the bag was ruined - Just my son's birthday was ruined Oh well!!

I phoned the UPS office last night, of course the driver was no longer in the area - but i call bcak about 18.00..turns out he lives local & could dropp off the other parcel on his way home... One happy boy got his new jersey today, and the Altura stuff wille ventualyy arrive at some point as a belated bonus
!
foska.jpg

Arch

Married to Night Train
One delivery man once left ours in the recycling bin - the day before it was due to be emptied... but our normal ones are fantastic and used to leave it by the back door (in a nice little rain shadow) until they discovered the greenhouse up the garden.

We once found a package in a recycling box, so we left it on the doorstep, and got a note the next week thanking us!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Er, couldn't you cycle to the sub post office and pick the parcel up if it's only three miles :rolleyes: ?

Ah good point TMN, however as quite a few of my parcels come from Wiggle, you never quite know just how big the packaging is going to be.

I do cycle to the sorting office if I know roughly what to expect size wise.

There is also an element of stubborn-ness with the sub post office. As I've said it's not my local one (the main Welling one is about 200 yards away) and I see no reason why Parcelforce (which I believe is now separate from the Royal Mail and Post Office Counters) would leave my parcel at an inconvenient location for me. (well the thread does mention grumble!! :whistle:)

wobbler

Tuffnells are the way forward.

I bought a ladder on line yesterday morning 9.30 ish, delivered from South Glamorgan to Wolvo 9.30 this am. Tuffnell's driver could not get his new truck down our pokey little lane, so he carried it about 1/4 of a mile to the house. Twas a 12 rung 3 section combination ladder and pretty heavy. All credit to the fella, I gave him a fiver for his effort and will be letting his boss know how pleased I was.

Top Bottom