Just a Rant

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Perhaps go at 10am next time to avoid the hassle of being made to wait?
Did you bother to read my initial post?

I was fully aware that the tills did not open 10am & with over 10 minutes to wait I had already put my 20 items onto a conveyor that I knew wasn't going to open until that time & happy/prepared/expected to wait, it wasn't until I was approached not once but twice did I move to an open till. I also advised the supervisor I was not NHS.

Several big supermarkets are open 24 hours round here... most are open until 8pm every day except Sunday- surely that's long enough to give people a bit of a lie-in on Sunday without people having a go at the staff?
Have I rattled your cage somehow that I don't know about?

Who said anything about having a go at the staff, I didn't have a go at anybody until now, I politely explained I had been advised to come to this till, had she still refused to take the money, I would have simple put the items back in the basket & gone back to the till I originally was on, there would have been no song & dance. I just feel it was very poor show & I was embarrassed for something which I still feel was not of my own making.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Me? Yes I read your first post, and Drago's, about having a rant, seemed to solve all your problems by going at 10am next time... though you'd have to agree it's odd thing to get upset at, given the state of the world.
- at least you'll know for next time. :hugs:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Me? Yes I read your first post, and Drago's, about having a rant, seemed to solve all your problems by going at 10am next time... though you'd have to agree it's odd thing to get upset at, given the state of the world.
- at least you'll know for next time. :hugs:
Okay clearly you're not reading what I am typing, have a nice life.

Markymark68

Regular
Whatever you do you'll be moaned at. We have 3 stores in Olofström. A lidl, an ICA Maxi and a Willy:s ( yes the wife starting giggling like a school girl when she saw THAT sign for the first time)...do like a Swede stand there in stony silence glaring at her, pay the bill and walk off muttering javla fitta as you do so ;-)

irw

Quadricyclist
To be fair, I can completely see this from the checkout lady's point of view. In my current temporary job, if I had a pound for every time a customer said 'well the last driver did it', or words to that effect, I'd be close to earning what I would be if I were working on a large scale national theatre tour. A lot of the time the last driver probably didn't do it, but the customer will try it on anyway, so I can really empathise with the poor checkout lady, who probably gets folk trying it on all the time, and is probably completely fed up of it.

As was mentioned up thread two things could have happened here to improve @Phaeton 's 'shopping trip' (to use the corporate lingo :okay:). (a) the person who sent him to the staffed checkout should have informed the member of staff, and (b) the checkout lady should probably have asked about the ID card before starting to scan the shopping, giving him the chance to explain sooner.

Top Bottom