Just back from Europe... what's been happening?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Welcome back FF... didn't even know you'd gone ;)

Fab Foodie said:
The thing is, when over the channel you feel like you're in Europe, over here I kinda don't.

Same here, and I live 'over there' now! Reminds of when I worked in the US, I was asked for my opinion from the "European perspective". I was flummoxed, having never considered myself European. Europe is all pavement cafés and gothic architecture, Britain is rain and pubs. Different worlds... but then a German would probably agree but cite different examples.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I hope no-one is going to tell him about the poll where he was voted the most hated member of the forum.

That would be cruel.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I believe SimonCC mentioned the BBC a couple of times....

Spindrift took offence at something and proceeded to ask someone else a question about 6 times to get an answer that really didn't shed any light on anything in particular...

LLB probably had a fight with MrPaul...

Patrick probably responded to some thread with some throwaway remark which involved an amusing double entendre or three, and got berated by someone for not taking things seriously enough...

Night Train possibly got laid, or prepared the bedding (he had a hot date)... ;);)

The Tea thread probably added another 26,789,200 posts to its count...

All in all, same old stuff.

Welcome back , btw! :biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Sh4rkyBloke said:
I believe SimonCC mentioned the BBC a couple of times....

Spindrift took offence at something and proceeded to ask someone else a question about 6 times to get an answer that really didn't shed any light on anything in particular...

LLB probably had a fight with MrPaul...

Patrick probably responded to some thread with some throwaway remark which involved an amusing double entendre or three, and got berated by someone for not taking things seriously enough...

Night Train possibly got laid, or prepared the bedding (he had a hot date)... :biggrin:;)

The Tea thread probably added another 26,789,200 posts to its count...

All in all, same old stuff.

Welcome back , btw! :biggrin::biggrin:

Good report, Status Quo maintained then! In fact, there's more Status Quo here than a second-hand record shop...

Get-on in there Night Train!

Noodley

Fab Foodie said:
...apart from the Scotsman buying somebody a pint... Well done Longers, was it Noodley perchance?

I made sure I got one back :smile::biggrin:

longers and I had a most pleasant evening knocking back a few beers in deepest Englandshire - rubbish warm beer BTW! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Noodley said:
I made sure I got one back :blush::biggrin:

longers and I had a most pleasant evening knocking back a few beers in deepest Englandshire - rubbish warm beer BTW! :tongue::sad::smile:

Guess it didn't have "Shillings" in the name eh?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

yoyo said:
Hope you had a good holiday, FF. Interlaken is a great place. We have already planned our return to it next year. WE planned a year off Switzerland this year and were in nearby Alsace and Burgundy. Alas our resistance broke and we dropped into Basel for a day as we had not visited is before. Beautiful city.

Med and Mrs FF stayed in Grindelwald some 16 years ago in a small tent pre-kids, now returned with seige camping techniques, big tent, 3 kids of which 2 are teenagers. Still with the expensive but reasonably valued 6 day pass, we had some great days in the mountains including the Jungfraujoch.
Weather was great even with a monster thunderstorm pretty-much every evening! Lake swimming as cold as I remembered.
We'll certainly return, but with fewer kids to haul around the slopes!

Not strayed to Basel, I'll put it on my list.

For those who haven't been, I'd reccomend a visit to the area with or without bike.
Will download a few pics soon.

Top Bottom