Just bought this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Nice looking bike and Merida seem to be getting ever more popular out here and are giving Giant a run for their money.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
View attachment 100111 As my new winter bike/ bit of off road. Got it for £849 which didn't seem too bad for a 2016 model. It will be my first cyclocross bike. I know it's not pro standard but think it will be ok for what I need. Hope it gets nice comments as it's coming next week.
Holy thread resurrection how you finding this bike ? It's on my list of potential purchases , albeit I won't be getting it for that price with my c2w ! Could do with feedback ? Nice colour as I've seen in it in the flesh.

I picked one up just before Christmas, really, really, nice ride, love the versatility of it.
Has very quickly become my go to bike. Can't think of any negatives.

ozboz

Guru
I was looking at the same bike last week , I like them ! , ivenot had a ride on a bike with a compact CS yet , all mine are tripples , but Im assured the gearing will suit

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was looking at the same bike last week , I like them ! , ivenot had a ride on a bike with a compact CS yet , all mine are tripples , but Im assured the gearing will suit
I have triples on my other bikes and compared to them I found my CAADX overgeared for the severe gradients round here. A bottom gear of 36/30 was too much like hard work on 20%+ offroad climbs. I changed the small ring to a 34 and put a 12-36 cassette on so my bottom gear is now a much more pleasant 34/36.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
I have triples on my other bikes and compared to them I found my CAADX overgeared for the severe gradients round here. A bottom gear of 36/30 was too much like hard work on 20%+ offroad climbs. I changed the small ring to a 34 and put a 12-36 cassette on so my bottom gear is now a much more pleasant 34/36.
And I've done similar on my Raleigh RX Comp.
Stock gearing was 46/36 chainrings - I changed the small ring to a 34
Original 11/28 cassette has been changed to 11/32, along with a medium cage.
It's hilly round here too! :surrender:

Nibor

Bewildered
My off road bike has an MTB triple 46/36/26 with 11-34 anyone need a tow lol

Top Bottom