just got he bikerite info

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markg0vbr

Über Member
I like to become horizontal on a pneumatic pallet, in my portable folding domicile and will be going up on Thursday.
from he reviews I have seen in velovision it is about 50 50 recumbent and wedgies, details below.

Bookings now being taken for the sociable cycling event that is BikeRite.
If you live within cycling distance make a note of the dates and join in with the cycling.
<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"> It's located in the north east of England, within near sight of Scotland.<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">http://www.lts.org.u...tting-here.html<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"> /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Friday 22nd, Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th of April 2011 Longridge BikeRite.
Standard event is 3 nights with option to increase to, up to 5 nights.

If you are based some distance, consider extending your stay in the area by booking elsewhere to make travel worthwhile, or as like last year you can stay extra nights at Longridge, self catering for £20 per person per night. You could use the common room kitchen to make breakfast, drinks, meals etc ?
Campervan or Caravan or Tent £10 per person per night.
(Wednesday 20th & Thursday 21st) you'd like to stay extra.

The prices for 3 nights accommodation and bed breakfast and evening meal are as follows:

Prices per person
Single - £115
Twin - £125 (requires 2 of you booking, £125 each)
Twin Ensuite - £135 (requires 2 of you booking, £135 each)
Campervan or Caravan or Tent - £70

That's 3 overnights, 3 breakfasts, 3 evening meals and 4 days of cycling.

Arrive before 11am on Friday and you'll have time to go cycling, otherwise ensure you arrive before 6.30pm in time for the meal serving.

Departures before 5pm Monday, after the 4th day of cycling.

The fee covers accommodation for three nights at Longridge Towers School and includes bed, breakfasts and evening meals. The food is top quality and portions generous.

The school and participants are not responsible for organising rides or activities off site of the school premises. Despite there being no formal ride leaders or route organisers the surrounding area is ideal for cycling and with so many enthusiasts staying at the school there will be plenty of opportunities to go out cycling together each day.

BikeRite vids 2008 event

Out'n'About

View: http://www.vimeo.com/2936681

venue

View: http://www.vimeo.com/2933947

psmith

Were going to join you in Berwick . Do we book direct with the school ?
Cheers

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
no i have my booking confirmed now.
I am taking my tent as i like to have a not stand up out side a bit. but still dithering about taking trike or high racer .
if you would be so kind as to bring me a cup of tea about 6:30 rap on the tent pole i would be grateful, i like tiffin about 4:30 pm

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
as i have had a bit of a tumble and am now the titanium recumbernaught, that can walk around hills anticlockwise without leaning, it will be the trike.
i am still humming about whether to upgrade from the tent to a bed? as i am now semi bipedal, i think i will hold off on this decision and see how the bandy bit goes.

i have been underwhelmed by the total lack of offers to bring me tea in bed, what is the world coming to when no one will get up at 6am make a nice pot of tea and bring it out to me in the tent :whistle:

Top Bottom