Just How Bad for Your Reactions is Texting while Driving?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
This bad.

Results are from a closed course on which drivers had to react to A SINGLE HAZARD. (Not the multiple, quickly emerging conditions and hazards of driving on a real road).

byegad

Legendary Member
I was driving to work one day when a texting driver of an oncoming vehicle crossed the white line and clipped my wing mirror with his totally destroying my mirror.

I was so shocked I dropped my coffee into my lap top and had to put my sandwich down to sort it all out! Bloody texting drivers!!!!

byegad said:
I was so shocked I dropped my coffee into my lap top and had to put my sandwich down to sort it all out!
...and you're still bleeding from the shaving cut...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Heard lots of variants of that one!

Seriously, though, I can think of nothing worse, for a driver to be doing. Come down on them like a ton of bricks, I say. Literally, if at all possible. :tongue:

dynohub

I would call myself a driving enthusiast (and fair weather cyclist) and I would come down on people doing this like a ton of bricks.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I was once driven through rush-hour traffic in Lahore (northern Pakistan) in a tiny city car with a 12v TV on the dashboard while the driver watched Mrs Thatcher resigning on the news!

I was bloody relieved to get to my hotel though no restorative alcohol was available, sadly.

ataction

On my regular route to work I have almost been taken out by the same vehicle on a couple of occasions. The drive is invariably on the phone. I have reported him to the police twice. Waste of time. The vehicle in question is a large white van/mini bus with a trailer, they are a surf hire company with young students on board.
Saw it again yesterday...guess what the driver on the phone. I am very vexed by this driver and all other drivers who continue to drive and use the mobile. Why the hell don't they just buy a hands free system?

Top Bottom