Just joined the fold - excuse the pun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seadragonpisces

Über Member
Well here I am. Never thought I would own a foldie but I will have mine any day now. I need something that will do on road, some cycle paths and also fit in the back of my 4x4 for use at work and also to take on trips.

I bought a Dahon Jetstream P8, so look forward to getting a lot of use on it. I will be sure to say hi on this part of of the forum as I have 3 other bikes and am usually on other bits of the forum

Bye for now

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Nice one. I just bought a Dahon Vittese D7 and really chuffed with it .The gear changing is incredibly slick ,better than the Shimano 105 on my road bike or the Deore on the hybrid.

Just did my first big hill climb on it after dropping car off for servicing. Climbs like a dream. Not very fast downhill though ,it spins out earlier than my bigger bikes but for what I use it for(similar uses to you by the sound of it) thats not a problem.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
UK Dahon availability seems to be at best poor at the moment (not the whole range, and sadly not the best bikes either)- Jetstream P8 is about £750 from Germany though.

OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
I'm thinking about one for London and the Olympics. How much are these bad boys :smile:

Depends which one you want, but the P8 RRP is about £999 but you can get it for cheaper, I got mine from CH White (UK) FOR £800. Other Dahons can vary from £300 odd up to about £2k I think. CH White seem good, they can also custom your Dahon, or Brompton too (others I am sure too).

i got it today, but havent unpacked it yet. Typically I am ill with the flu and I dont have the energy to do anything at the moment, maybe wait til the weekend.

There are some Dahons on ebay and also on Gumtree. There is a Jetstream on there but couldnt get the seller to reply, so gave up in the end.

Good luck

defy-one

I never knew folding bikes were so expensive . As with other bikes, you get what you pay for.
I'm going to tart up my hybrid and take that to London , will take both wheels off twice a day. Cheaper than buying a folder.

OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
I am a newbie to the scene but the halfway decent ones seem to range from £500 up to £1500 and there are Moulton bikes that are 3-7k and one as high as £15000 k as well, ie the Moulton Double Pylon bikes

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
You can get a perfectly adequate second-hand folder for £200 - when I was looking a few months ago I found two at that price.

OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
Convert an old raleigh twenty cheap as chips and imo look the part! Where about in hearts are you seadragon ?

Hiya, am going to play with my Jetstream and upgrade some parts, have just ordered a Kinetix Pro Red 20'' wheelset, a Dahon Biologic suspension seatpost and some upgraded pedals. I wanted to add more gears but thats super expensive too, maybe I will buy a Raleigh Shopper as my play bike

PS: I am in Datchworth, nr Knebworth, Welwyn Garden City

OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
Here are 2 pics of my P8, I will post some more after I have upgraded, so will have a 'before and after' :-)

003.jpg

004.jpg

Top Bottom