kaffenback take 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
picked up a second hand kaffenback frame in the old blue flaming dragon colour way. swapped all the stuff from my new kaffenback (the sand coloured one) on to this one. the black stuff works much better with the blue than it did with the sand colour. will build up the original frame with better matching stuff, titanium looks nice with the sand colour.....could be an expensive build that one;)

DSCF3526.jpg

cheers, velocidad.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Looks nice - don't you think it looks a bit more "anybike" than the coffee coloured frame though?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Ha, sorry velocidad, I didn't mean it in a bad way! :sad:

The finishing kit looks a better fit on this bike than it did on the brown frame.

Dark Horse Dave

I think I may recognise that frame!...Looks very happy with its new kit, and that location looks nicer than the streets of South West London!.. Glad you're pleased with it...Regards..................................(sorry, text formatting goes wierd when I use this route onto the internet)

GaryA

Subversive Sage
That frame paintjob looks far more classy than the WW2 curtis Kittyhawk karkie and custard jobbie an the newer model...hack as a toddler I pained my old triang tricycle with a sh!tty stick and some old emulsion and it looked better than the sand coloured Kaff :?:

OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
Gary Askwith said:
That frame paintjob looks far more classy than the WW2 curtis Kittyhawk karkie and custard jobbie an the newer model...hack as a toddler I pained my old triang tricycle with a sh!tty stick and some old emulsion and it looked better than the sand coloured Kaff :smile:

LOL :biggrin: .....not a fan then?:biggrin:

cheers, velocidad.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
By gum Gary, vituperation indeed :smile:

I think the coffee Kaff could be made to look pretty nice, it just needs different bits than the glaringly modern matt black stuff planet x seem to put on the frame on their builds.

(IMO, of course).

OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
agree JtM, which is what prompted the change around. it will get built up with more colour coordinated components. titanium/gun metal sort of colour looks nice with it, and chris king now do some brown hubs that may work. add a bit of honey coloured leather and a set of hardwood mudguards (from this U.S site i found) and it's starting to take shape :-) there will naturally be those that will hate the frame whatever i do with it, which is fine, we can't all have style ;-)
cheers, velocidad.

OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
kaff now with muds. hand made japanese honjo koken aluminum guards with a hammered finish, how's that for posh! :sad: they were a twat to fit, but i think they look great. i'm very prepared for others to hate them :biggrin:
also note the T.bar thingy where the headset spacers should be, i got it from SJS cycles, useful for mounting lights, comps etc when running out of handlebar space.

DSCF3536.jpg

cheers, velocidad

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I've seen those Japanese guards - don't you have to drill them yourself to fit the bridges, or am I remembering something else..?

Looking forward to seeing the Coffee Kaff with sympatico gear now though :ohmy:

Top Bottom