Killing off duplicate files

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I liked the command line idea. But \i rather stubbed my toe on

Eh?
Sorry not a Windows user for 20+ years ls is the Linux/Mac command looks like you need dir

dir *.* will list all the files in the directory dir *.jpg will list all jpg files, as said I'm not a Window users but you should be able to build a dir command which will list all the files you want then use the same command but replace the dir with a del.

So potentially you may need something like dir *.*"("2")" if that brings up the files you want to delete then use del *.*"("2")"

D

Deleted member 26715

Do you need all the "s? Wouldn't a search on just "(2)" do it?
No it's not the 2 it doesn't understand it's the ( & ) so you have to "(" & ")" in linux you would do \(2\) to make it look at them

D

Deleted member 26715

But if you put the whole lot in "" then it will simply search for that string - it will "understand" the 2 either way.
You may well be correct as said I've not used Windows this century just trying to be helpful, I know Unix wouldn't like it.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I just tested it and you are right, but I tested it again with "("2")" and it worked! :okay:
You star!

1596018002191.png

Thanks everyone. Yet another CC triumph!

classic33

Leg End Member
You star!

View attachment 538589

Thanks everyone. Yet another CC triumph!
And the (3)'s, how many?

You'd have had fun going through that lot and deleting one by one. All 1,671 of them.

Top Bottom