Kings Norton to Bromsgrove. Easiest way?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wmtlynx

I'm looking at visiting my favourite birdwatching site near Bromsgrove by bike, and wandered if anyone could suggest the easiest route from Kings Norton to Bromsgrove?

Rose Hill is the shortest route but that may hurt a novice like myself. I'm under no illusion that the geography in the area means that I won't be avoiding a hill climb on the way back, as Bromsgrove is a lot, lot lower on the water table than Kings Norton.

pepecat

D'you want flat, or short? Flatter way might be up the A441 redditch road, out to hopwood, then through barnt green, towards burcot / lickey end, and then to Bromsgrove that way. There's a few hills that way, but nothing like rose hill if you go up over the lickeys. Might lessen the pull up to home on the way back - but kings norton is fairly high up anyway, so i don't think there's much you can do about that! :rolleyes:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I'd take Icknield Street out of Kings Norton, turn right on Radford Road just by the Coach and Horses (maybe taking a quick look at Weatheroak Hill in a Jim Bowen "Look what you could have done" style), head through Alvechurch, then get lost looking for Tutnall, and find some meaty hills that I didn't know existed before.

Hope that is of some help......

OP
OP
wmtlynx

wmtlynx

RE: "I'd take Icknield Street out of Kings Norton, turn right on Radford Road just by the Coach and Horses"

That's the way I'd have taken as well.

If you put a question on Birmingham Cyclist ( http://www.birminghamcyclist.com/ ) you may get a better one.

Well, I think it may have been the sunshine coming out, but I went a bit insane and covered 45-ish miles today, which included a test run to Bromsgrove. Figured out a do-able route via A441 then B4120, Bittell Road, Fiery Hill Rd, Shepley Rd, Brookhouse Rd, Littleheath Lane, Alcester Rd, School Lane, A38 then Birmingham Road into Bromsgrove.

Didn't have to dismount in either direction and there was plenty left in the legs for more if required, and for the sake of an extra mile to avoid Rose Hill I think it's worth it. Some lovely lanes and an excellent ride today, which included a gentle ride down the canal to Hanbury with my mate on his MTB.

lozcs

Guru
Well, I think it may have been the sunshine coming out, but I went a bit insane and covered 45-ish miles today, which included a test run to Bromsgrove. Figured out a do-able route via A441 then B4120, Bittell Road, Fiery Hill Rd, Shepley Rd, Brookhouse Rd, Littleheath Lane, Alcester Rd, School Lane, A38 then Birmingham Road into Bromsgrove.

Didn't have to dismount in either direction and there was plenty left in the legs for more if required, and for the sake of an extra mile to avoid Rose Hill I think it's worth it. Some lovely lanes and an excellent ride today, which included a gentle ride down the canal to Hanbury with my mate on his MTB.

I did some work on my bike recently and realised right at the bottom of Rose Hill that I's set the limiter screw too tight and couldn't get in Granny gear - managed to stand up and get up on the 2nd cog - thought I was going to pass out at the top though...

The nice thing about Rose Hill is that it's down hill pretty much all the way home after that!

Top Bottom