knee arthritis (new)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
A proper sports therapist might be better placed to sort out an issue that makes itself known the most while running or cycling. may be worth considering if a physio doesn't do the trick (good luck with that, BTW, hope it goes well)

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
Physio didn't advocate any support around the knee. She said it would change the muscles used. So I have to do lunges which shoot pain out the front of my kneecap if I go too far! I'll do it gently until the next session. She's advocating acupuncture as well, ummmhh.....

vickster

Legendary Member
Get in a pool to do those lunges :okay: plus walking, squatting, swimming. Fantastic for rehab. Can you access proper physio led hydrotherapy?

Acupuncture (or probably dry needling) can be very helpful and really doesn’t hurt

postman

Legendary Member
As a knee pain sufferer for years you have my sympathy,it took an arthroscopy to sort it out,which it did.How is it this week.But don't give up,mine is great after years of locking up with fluid swellings.Be positive.

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
Trying to be. I can now cycle 45 mins now on the sufferfest 'getting away with it' so exercise in a straight line is getting easier but I still take the stairs downwards one step at a time and pulling my leg up to my chest creates a 'stretch pain' vertically front the top to the bottom of my knee on the inner side if that makes sense so it feels like the arthritis is becoming the main problem now. Wondering if more weight loss will help?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Tore the meniscus in my right knee about 17yrs ago. Had keyhole surgery within the week as I couldn’t walk. Went back to playing football 6 months later. Cycling was my rehabilitation!! However I’m now paying the price with arthritis now established on the inside. I sleep with a pillow between my knees. Cycling helps , doing nothing is worse ! I did see a physio are the very start after my op. It was all about strengthening the ligaments and muscle that supports the knee. Light weights etc.

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
Yeah, I find sleeping with a pillow between my knees helps as well! Doing nothing is bad, I have to keep it 'exercised'. I cant help but think this is the start of old age, at 52! Hopefully weight loss and doing lunges will help.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Yeah, I find sleeping with a pillow between my knees helps as well! Doing nothing is bad, I have to keep it 'exercised'. I cant help but think this is the start of old age, at 52! Hopefully weight loss and doing lunges will help.
Ha yep over 50 now!! To be fair sitting about is bad , I like to keep moving myself.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I cant help but think this is the start of old age, at 52!
There IS hope... I am better at 65 than I was at 55!

Top Bottom