Knee ointment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Is there anything that can be rubbed over the said knees .Before and after a ride?

A couple of weeks ago we went to York and back.66 miles.

The return was a nightmare due to strong winds.Today did 52 to Bolton Abbey the left knee hurt a little.More of an ache and continued till early evening.Ok now as i sit here.

But i was wondering is there any creams as such to rub in ?

This is the first time it has happened.

tyred

Legendary Member
I would try tiger lily balm. Available from your local health food shop.

rafiki

Retired Brit living in Spain
Ibuprofen gel 5% or the stronger 10% is a basic and relatively cheap anti-inflamatory. Works well. Available from Tesco pharmacy.

Also...are your pedals/cleats set up ok? I hear they can cause knee pain.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Thanks everyone.Knee a bit swollen and stiff.Two reasons now decorating the bottom half of the staircase after having the ceiling and walls skimmed .So a bit of extra bending and twisting.

Also last two rides have been against the wind.

But have spotted Masons Dog Oil for knees going to give that a try.

I'd also check your seat height, even into the wind, unless you were in too high a gear you shouldn't have swollen knees, where about on the knee is the pain? just below, side top??

In the mean time, RICE, Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation, don't add heat as this only increases blood flow and helps increase swelling, Ice will reduce inflammation and then allow the body to work its magic

bigjim

Legendary Member
can't see how anything applied to the outside of the knee would work. Surely knees are waterproof and you would therefore have to work from the inside out. Not sure but I always think plenty of oil in your diet would help the joints. Lubrication.

Top Bottom