Knee.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
After four weeks i can now see my knee.So i am going to give it a trip out next week.

Once again caused swelling by helping out .Doc (a cyclist) himself.Has told me to stop offering my services to move furniture and things.So after 22 years of volunteering i am hanging up my 'hat'.

Going to put myself and my cycling first.

This Arthritis is taking longer and longer to settle down when i upset it.

Garz

Squat Member
Do you need medication for it or will it return to normal after the rest?

yenrod

postman said:
After four weeks i can now see my knee.So i am going to give it a trip out next week.

Once again caused swelling by helping out .Doc (a cyclist) himself.Has told me to stop offering my services to move furniture and things.So after 22 years of volunteering i am hanging up my 'hat'.

Going to put myself and my cycling first.

This Arthritis is taking longer and longer to settle down when i upset it.

Swimming perhaps or have you tried that ;)

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
When i do upset it.Three times this year all after helping move heavy objects .It takes between 4-6 weeks to settle on it's own.

Loads of fluid at the back of the knee and what looks like a big bubble around the knee.It is going slowly now.

Just been doing some housework this morning just to see the reaction later this week.

ChrisKH

Guru
May be of utterly no use to you postman, but might be to others, there is a young lady where I work who is in a test group who has recently had pioneering knee surgery. She is early to mid thirties and was a keen dancer in her youth who was found to have no cartilage in her knee. The surgeon (North London based somewhere) using key hole surgery removed some cells from her middle knee, sent them to Norway where the cells were cultivated or grown and then the grown mass of cells was sent back to the surgeon. He then cut open her knee (right down the middle) flipped the patella inserted the cells and then sowed her up. She then had to remain unmoving in bed for some time to give the cells time to bed in and grow. Apparently out of a group study of 82 (or similar number), all have seen an improvement in their cartilage and re-growth was evident in the entire group. The surgeon was so positive about her chances that he said if the cells take, she would be able to run and dance again within two years.

I'll have some of that please.

Top Bottom