Knees

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

g00se

Veteran
Hi Jezston, just wondering, what RPM do you pedal at? You might be grinding too much. My brother set up a fixie a few years ago but had to give it up as it was giving him knee pains from the slow cadence to set off.

Bit of a long shot - and it'll be hard to test - but if you're legs are short compared to regular 6 footers, then maybe you need shorter cranks? I would expect a larger framed bike will have big cranks. What size are they?

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Shaun said:
my knee pain has returned following the replacement of my saddle, which I think I may have inadvertently set a bit lower than the last one. Anyway I'm gradually raising it again to see if that helps.
I ended up raising my new saddle by less than 1cm and I can already tell that the pressure has been lifted off my knees again when pedalling.

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
I've been off the bike now since Friday, and me knees are now pretty much fine.

I'm going to try lowering my saddle a touch for when I get back on for my commute tomorrow , and I'll also be sure not to ride bow-legged to avoid brushing my bottles, and I'll make more of a concerted effort to do some stretching when I finish my journey rather than immediately plonking down on a chair and remaining stationary for several hours!

Top Bottom