Knocked Off Last Night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Are there any cyclists from Swindon who were knocked off their bike last night?, someone who lives in "Old Town".

A guy in our office has been talking about how he had an accident at a RAB last night hitting a cyclist on the RAB as he entered the RAB.
The cyclist apparently said he was OK but maybe feeling a bit sore this morning, the driver gave him a lift home as his bike was un-ridable.
The guy in the office accepts he is 100% responsible and has already informed his insurance company of the incident. I told him to report it to the Police as someone was injured as he might be prosecuted for failing to report it.

thomas

the tank engine
Are there any cyclists from Swindon who were knocked off their bike last night?, someone who lives in "Old Town".

A guy in our office has been talking about how he had an accident at a RAB last night hitting a cyclist on the RAB as he entered the RAB.
The cyclist apparently said he was OK but maybe feeling a bit sore this morning, the driver gave him a lift home as his bike was un-ridable.
The guy in the office accepts he is 100% responsible and has already informed his insurance company of the incident. I told him to report it to the Police as someone was injured as he might be prosecuted for failing to report it.

You don't need to report everything to the Police. If you exchange details at the time then you don't. If for some reason you cannot or do not, then you need to report it to the Police as soon as possible.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
You don't need to report everything to the Police. If you exchange details at the time then you don't. If for some reason you cannot or do not, then you need to report it to the Police as soon as possible.

I was under the impression if someone is injured you do need to report it, the motorist has to but the cyclist has the option.
Especially if the cyclist reports it, the driver can be prosecuted for failing to report an accident, 3 points and a fine.

Actually the guy in the office called the non-emergency Police number and has been told to report it as someone was injured, although last night it appeared the cyclist was OK with just light injuries. He has also just been told by the cyclist that he reported it last night.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
On a Police website it states you do not need to report damage only collisions if details have been exchanged.<br>Also with regards to the driver:-<br>An accident should be reported:<br>If personal injury is caused to a person other than the driver of that motor vehicle.<br>

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I've been told by a North Yorks traffic officer that they only record two categories of injury. If the casualty's carted off in an ambulance (even if unnecessarily) that's a Serious Injury. Any other injury is Minor Injury - from grazes and bruises upwards.

It's extremely unlikely that anyone "knocked off their bike" will not have a single mark on them. Any injury, however minor, counts, and so the collision must be reported.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
I've been told by a North Yorks traffic officer that they only record two categories of injury. If the casualty's carted off in an ambulance (even if unnecessarily) that's a Serious Injury. Any other injury is Minor Injury - from grazes and bruises upwards.

It's extremely unlikely that anyone "knocked off their bike" will not have a single mark on them. Any injury, however minor, counts, and so the collision must be reported.

Plus the shock/adrenalin from the collision can mask any pain/injuries, for a while.

crumpetman

Plus the shock/adrenalin from the collision can mask any pain/injuries, for a while.

+1 to this

I fell off the other day, got up and felt alright and rode home. When I got home I couldn't swing my right leg over the bike as usual to dismount as there was a pain in my back. I had to get off on the wrong side, hobble indoors and then take some painkillers.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I think you gave the right advice BRSU. I mean at the time it may have looked like he was pretty much ok, but there have been stories when I worked for the hospital that patients could deteriorate after .....the doc also told me this after my incident in 2008 - something of a risk of internal body injury as well as brain problems, they like to monitor you for about an hour.

At the very least it covers the guys a*** if something did happen.

I was under the impression if someone is injured you do need to report it, the motorist has to but the cyclist has the option.
Especially if the cyclist reports it, the driver can be prosecuted for failing to report an accident, 3 points and a fine.

Actually the guy in the office called the non-emergency Police number and has been told to report it as someone was injured, although last night it appeared the cyclist was OK with just light injuries. He has also just been told by the cyclist that he reported it last night.

3 points?

AC20
Failing to give particulars or to report an accident within 24 hours
5-10 Points

Top Bottom