KNOG Bullfrog LED rear light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

I acquired one of these today and preliminarily they are pretty dam fine !

3x AAA batteries - 5 flash modes... :biggrin:

Fantastic egonomic fit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.knog.com.au/ProductDetails.aspx?productId=160

image.aspx

LazyLoki

I've got one of these too and they are pretty good. Word of warning though, if you fancy getting something like this, stay away from Knog's other rear light called the Skink. It works fine at first but to replace the batteries you have to remove the light unit from the silicone shell and the opening is far too small. Getting it back in is like trying to force a hedgehog up a straw - I found the silicone is just too thin and it splits very easily. I knackered two of them this way the first time I tried to change the batteries.

I never had this problem with the Bullfrog rear light though.

kyuss

Veteran
Ah, hipster cysts. :angry:

They are quite well designed but I've always thought they were a bit weak in light output for what you pay for them. I know a few guys who've had the frogs die after a few wet rides too.

MajorMantra

kyuss said:
Ah, hipster cysts. :angry:

They are quite well designed but I've always thought they were a bit weak in light output for what you pay for them. I know a few guys who've had the frogs die after a few wet rides too.

I think the Frog is the true hipster cyst. Bullfrogs may not come with such baggage. :bravo:

Matthew

MajorMantra

Actually, speaking of such things, does anyone know if any of the Knog style lights will grip a seatstay? I'd like a couple for my Ribble but as the stays have an odd round/square profile standard lights won't work. Will the Frog grip small diameters?

Matthew

Top Bottom