Know any good free WYSIWYG HTML editors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've got Adobe Glove 4.0, which is now slightly out of date and a bit clunky and way over the top for my needs. It doesn't do embedding very well, well it might but I can't figure it, which is another problem I have with it for casual use.

So looking for one that's free, easy to use, let's me embed pictures and vids, doesn't require me to learn HTML or CSS and includes some site management tools.

Any suggestions?

LLB

Frontpage

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Nah! Not free, not available anymore as it's morphed into two seperate products and not part of the Office suite I have. Shame, it might have done.

Evilcat

Microsoft FrontPage wasn't free and in any case has been discontinued and replaced by Sharepoint Designer and Expression Web, both of which are paid-for products, although the Expression beta may still be available for download.

For free web page editors see here. Of these, Trellian and KompoZer are probably worth checking out.

EC

Carwash

Señor Member
There is no such thing as a good WYSIWYG HTML editor, let alone a free one. They all output code of questionable quality.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Well, so far, through a combination of Trellian, GoLive and a Web page book and by looking at the source code generated, I've managed to work backwards in GoLive and do what I wanted to do with images. Need to look at embedding vids next, don't know if I can do that with Google vids though?

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Thanks HJ, that one looks interesting, nice clean interface. I shall give it a try tomorrow. I am looking at the code now, some of it makes sense but I'm a long way from just using Notepad.

That a Beta version Abitrary.

Top Bottom