KOH cleaning product

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My partner saw an advert for this on Facebook, so ordered it for £20 + £3.50pp. Her oven now looks like new. According to her, she'd previously tried Mr Muscle and all sorts of oven cleaners before, but this product was just outstanding. I'm talking, the burnt-in grease just started to run off the doors after 30 seconds.

I've just taken delivery of a pack myself (4 litres of product in a wine-style box, a really great spray diffuser, 4 microfibre cloths and 3 diamond (yeah right) abrasive pads). I'm going to try it on my bike engine later.

The selling point really, apart from how good it is, is that it has next to no smell and is apparently "green" enough to use around pets and children. not that I'd let a child lick it, but it's bound to be less corrosive than bleach.

You can buy it on Ebay and other sites, but if you have Facebook can get it for a good bit cheaper.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Mr Muscle oven cleaner is NaOH so pretty much the same thing and should work just as well.

Wobblers

Euthermic
KOH to me means potassium hydroxide. It'll certainly remove grease and fats. But it's extremely aggressive: you do not want any of it in your eyes! Wear safety glasses (seriously: it's worse than most acids to eyes) and gloves and keep children and pets away when you're using it. It'll also attack zinc and aluminium, so it might be best not to use it on your bike engine (which is probably cast aluminium).

Top Bottom