l ocana vitus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
not bad nothing special

a bit like the one below its living on a name

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/...stemedm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=adreply

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I liked the look of this one (except for the price) l messaged the seller about the bike size and described my height and leg inseam . He very honestly replied that in his opinion the bike would not be a fit for me. An honest guy !http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Velo-route-Trek-5000-54cm-Road-Bike/132299370125?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

strange how no complete view of bike in the pics

Oh come on thats rubbing salt into the wound. You know l would like a Bianchi in celeste though and it has to be from the 1980's and not require an overdraft the size of the national debt......other than that lm easy to please.

so no point in my Buying the Bianchi and sending it on to you then

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
strange how no complete view of bike in the pics

so no point in my Buying the Bianchi and sending it on to you then
Yes thats right, l wonder why there isn't a full view of the bike, anyway l've ruled it out. if you are serious about being willing to ship a bike to me that would be great, the yellow Bianchi is too large but if l can find a bike that ticks all the boxes and is realistic for you to handle maybe we could work something out to our mutual benefit. Sort of related to the subject, l am getting in all sorts of confusion regarding bike frame sizes. The modern carbon or ally bikes seem to be sized 51 54 58 etc but these sizes refer to the top tube whereas the older steel bikes sizes are sized more comprehensively i.e. seat, top and down tube. Buying online becomes a bit of a lottery in that obviously you can't try before you buy. Just for info. l am 5'7'' and have a 30" inside leg, how that helps with top tube reach lm not sure?

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Yes thats right, l wonder why there isn't a full view of the bike, anyway l've ruled it out. if you are serious about being willing to ship a bike to me that would be great, the yellow Bianchi is too large but if l can find a bike that ticks all the boxes and is realistic for you to handle maybe we could work something out to our mutual benefit. Sort of related to the subject, l am getting in all sorts of confusion regarding bike frame sizes. The modern carbon or ally bikes seem to be sized 51 54 58 etc but these sizes refer to the top tube whereas the older steel bikes sizes are sized more comprehensively i.e. seat, top and down tube. Buying online becomes a bit of a lottery in that obviously you can't try before you buy. Just for info. l am 5'7'' and have a 30" inside leg, how that helps with top tube reach lm not sure?
PS what do you think of thishttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orbea-Onix-Full-Carbon-Road-Bike/332373432227?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

i quite like that but it doesnt do a lot for me if you know what i mean

Y Sort of related to the subject, l am getting in all sorts of confusion regarding bike frame sizes. The modern carbon or ally bikes seem to be sized 51 54 58 etc but these sizes refer to the top tube whereas the older steel bikes sizes are sized more comprehensively i.e. seat, top and down tube. Buying online becomes a bit of a lottery in that obviously you can't try before you buy. Just for info. l am 5'7'' and have a 30" inside leg, how that helps with top tube reach lm not sure?

i would say a 52 cm sized frame would be close then if need be swap out the stem but alas a lot of more modern bikes are measured in different ways.

i use a base line set of measurements ie saddle needs to be capable of being 39" from floor to top side , bars need to capable of reaching 36" from floor to top side and i like to have between 19 - 22" inches between seat post and centre line of bars with a sub 80 mm stem and then stem to suit , so when looking at bikes i ask if those measurements are obtainable oh and anywhere between a 31" to 33.5" standover height

This is a smallish one Shorter & Rochford that has had a longer seat post and stem fitted to make it fit my requirements and in std form i would not expect it to be far away for you ^_^

Last edited:
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Hmmm the Orbea-onix doesn't do a lot for me either now that l found out the reserve £750. It may be worth it but not to me. I will think about the S&R but what lm really after at the moment is a bike that can help me manage the steep stuff around here and l don't want to mess with the gearing on my Moser/Faggin, Coppi etc so thats why l'd like to find a carbon or ally bike to play around with .

Top Bottom