L2B 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've just got the thingy through thanking me for raising £X amount for 2015 and asking me to sign up for 2016.

£40 this time (2016)

Sorry, but that's getting just a bit steep.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Pay me £20 and I'll take you to Brighton. I'll even throw in fish and chips for free ;-)

Sharky

Guru
A lot of "sportives" seem to be creeping up in price and sometimes seem poor value when you compare with a club run (free), reliability ride (£5 ish) or a time trial (£8 ish).

But some, like the LTB are a bit special, not really a bike ride, but a real experience and perhaps worth it , especially if it's in a good cause. Have ridden it a few times, but the novelty of the LTB has worn off, and the ride back is a little tiring nowadays.

I think L2B is on closed roads (please correct me), but let me take this opportunity to pitch the Ditchling Devil (again) http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/15-888/ It's L2B2L, 200km (124 miles) and excellent VFM. This year there were donuts at the start, morning tea, BBQ lunch, and all the cake you could eat at the 140km mark - where I was stamping cards. Boy, they could eat a lot of cake! It's £15/17. It's on open roads, but it's a good route. This year there were just under 300 riders, so nothing like the BHF ride, but still plenty of company.

And you can open a fundraising page, if you like, and raise money for any charity you like.

Top Bottom