La Marmotte

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

One of the guys in my club did it this year, he's a bit of a continental sportive monster! Apparently you can just sign on at the start. Also Its slightly hilly I believe;)

ASC1951

Guru
I did it half a dozen years ago when I was staying outside Bourg, but only as a solo unsupported ride. As Mortiroloboy says, it is a tad hilly.

It took me all day. Most people will be rather quicker.

APIII

I did this last year. Very hard indeed!
Entries are open from December I believe, although you can enter right up until the day before.
Web is http://www.sportcommunication.com/GT/epreuve2.php?langue=2&trophee=128

Riders set off in one of three groups depending on your registration number (sign up early and get a good number). 1st group of 2,500 sets off at 7am, next 2,500 at 7.20, with all others at 7.40 or 7.50. Organisation is very good, with the road over the glandon closed to other traffic, and feed stations are also good with plenty of variety. Scenery of course, is spectacular, but not wholly appreciated once you've been climbing for several hours ;)
It's the best (and hardest) ride I've done to date.

Zoom

Über Member
did it 2 years ago; very very hard (even harder than PBP) but achievable if you are able to put in the training; just keep focussed on the control closing time at the bottom of Alpe d' Huez (18:15) if you're an old fart Audaxer like me; I did it with 30 mins to spare, that may decide whether you complete it or not. And don't chase anybody; take it at your own pace.

A "Life Changing" ride

Top Bottom