Ladies Commuting Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

maat1976

I had been enamored with the Brompton's seeming suitability for the train / commute, but when I sat on one and took a spin, I hated it.

If it was a quick mile on either end maybe, but anything more than that and I would be miserable.

A shame really because they would be convenient.

Claudia

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
How about a cyclocross bike?

Not as heavy as you might expect, reasonable cost and very versitile, road and canal path, these bikes are perfect. You can also add full mud guards and most have rack mounts.

I have a Colnago Master and an old Giant cross bike, I love the Colnago but I have to say the cross bike gets far more use

Paul.G.

subaqua

What’s the point
How about a cyclocross bike?

Not as heavy as you might expect, reasonable cost and very versitile, road and canal path, these bikes are perfect. You can also add full mud guards and most have rack mounts.

I have a Colnago Master and an old Giant cross bike, I love the Colnago but I have to say the cross bike gets far more use

Paul.G.

good choice. my BIL suggested a cyclocross for me when i started commuting by bike. i didn't go with it but the ones i tried were dreams of a ride.

Long Distance

i have a Cube AMS Comp 2011 full suss mountain bike, and it's the business - i love it to bits, great price for the spec, very very solid build, good components and it looks stunning

i've looked at a Cube SL Cross for my next commuter - they're a thing of beauty when you see one in the flesh, the pictures really don't do them justice - solid & light and good value for money

OP
OP
M

maat1976

I went and had a look at the Sube SL Cross Pro today after work and it was in impressive and very light.

They are getting a whole shipment of 2011 bikes in shortly and I'm going to go back then and make sure it's the one I like the best out of the range.

I also stopped in another bike shop nearby and they were almost as useless as Halfords. They had listed on their site they had Trek 7.5 FX Ladies in stock and then when I rolled in to see it they didn't, and steering me towards a piece of crap alternative.

In chatting with the guy at Cycle Reaction, the new London stockist of Cube bikes, he was telling me that Cube don't use distributors and are very fussy about their list prices and reps. According to the sales guy (with a grain of salt obviously) because Cube don't use middlemen, you can get a better spec'd bike for the same price. Who knows if that is the case.

Claudia

Top Bottom