Ladies road type bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucers

Guru
My good lady broke her hip and as a consequence will no longer be able to climb aboard her Boardman Comp, which she loves. We are now looking to get a low step through, flat bar bike with thinner road type wheels ( as opposed to hybrid ones). The requirements as an Internet search are a bit long winded to come up with much of use. So, if any of you good people know of models that fit the bill please advise me. We tend to go 2nd hand, so they do not need to be current models. Not looking to buy atm, just trying to find what makes/models fit the bill.

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
A Mixte any good?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Any Dutch style step through should suit:

Should be a few around second hand.

Sharky

Guru
Not sure that breaking your hip would stop you getting on a road bike. I fractured my pelvis and couldn't even walk for a month. Started on the turbo slowly and eventually back on my normal bike.

To mount the bike, just have to lean it towards you more then you would normally, thus lowering the height of the saddle. Two years later, I still have to do this, but once on, is OK to ride with.

OP
OP
B

brucers

Guru
Not sure that breaking your hip would stop you getting on a road bike. I fractured my pelvis and couldn't even walk for a month. Started on the turbo slowly and eventually back on my normal bike.

To mount the bike, just have to lean it towards you more then you would normally, thus lowering the height of the saddle. Two years later, I still have to do this, but once on, is OK to ride with.
They look possible, will check them out, cheers.

OP
OP
B

brucers

Guru

She has never been the most agile of souls, often catching her foot on the seat as she swings over. Going down the safe first route.

Top Bottom