Ladies Tour of Qatar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

resal

Veteran
So the women's season has started. I am not sure quite how many cycling journalists are thinking about what happened to Andy Gray or Richard Keyes, but we know that tokenism is as good as it often gets for coverage of the women's road events. I was pleased to see that www.cyclingnews had video highlights of stage 2 and 3 as separate videos. A first for them on the women's scene ? The delight was sustained until I watched them. Are these just cribs from the HTC press office or is this somebody's attempt to actually put together a video ? I trust money did not pass hands for that. It is about as good as Eurosport's coverage of the Women's national RR up until the last couple of years. And to think Frank Whittle thought the development of his Jet engine was delayed in the UK by damning feint praise. (N.B. I still cannot develop any enthusiasm for the men's scene at the moment. Pat's state of denial sends all the wrong messages).

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Talking of Andy Gray and Richard Keys is it permissable on here to point out that two of the women riders were called Martine Bras and Ruth Corset?

I think Emma Trott found the howling wind a problem and it was a reasonably satisfying start for Nicole Cooke in her new team.

Top Bottom