Ladies!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
I need to order some ladies waterproof tights for the good woman's christmas present.

Looked on wiggle and realised I was out of my depth. I looked on the Girls in Lycra thread, but not many pictures featured waterproof tights.

Any recommendations? Need to order pretty quickly of course.

Many thanks in anticipation.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Corinne Dennis. Give her a call and discuss your wife's anatomy without a hint of embarrasment.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Can you get waterproof tights? I thought you got normal tights and then big baggy nasty waterproof overtrousers?

What precisely is the problem Dave5N? Size? Brand?

buggi

Bird Saviour
i get mine from Corrine Dennis too. The tights are not waterproof but they do waterproof trousers.

The winter roubaix tights have a thermal layer and i've been out in them today for 40 miles! if they get wet they stay warm (i splashed through a ford half way through my ride and my tights stayed warm), as do their 3 season tights and other clothes, and they are quick dry and high wicking. i don't have any waterproof trousers as i just wear their tights even if its wet, and i'm never cold.

not only that Corinne herself is extremely helpful. Great company to deal with and can't recommend them enough. they just sent me a survey about their products, website and services. i told them that i thought one of their jackets could do with having the side pockets moved forward a little bit as they are quite hard to reach on when you're on the bike. within 4 days i got an email from Corinne telling me she was going to do it. obviously listens to what her customers want.

www.corinnedennis.co.uk

buggi

Bird Saviour
ps. besides the pocket issue (which is prob just my personal preference) Corinne Dennis' ladies hi viz x-elle jacket is brilliant. its a woman's cut, has a drop down panel to keep your arse dry and very comfortable and waterproof. team it with their winter roubaix tights and bob's your uncle, all your wife needs to keep dry and warm. and it's very stylish for something that is hi-viz. the jacket folds up into it's own pocket with a belt which is handy if it's pissin down one minute and sunny the next. in fact, its so stylish i once wore it to Alton Towers for the day!

OP
OP
Dave5N

Dave5N

Über Member
Cathryn said:
Can you get waterproof tights? I thought you got normal tights and then big baggy nasty waterproof overtrousers?

What precisely is the problem Dave5N? Size? Brand?

Ignorance.

TBH I can't see much difference between the recommended ones and the ones she has. SHe specifically asked for waterproof ones. Being a dutiful chap who knows his place in the order of things, I m trying to comply.

You can cheat!

Most "waterproof tights" are simply "water repellent". They simply have a treatment that beads water on the surface which then runs off. This slows down but does not prevent the process of getting wet.

Lusso's "Max Repel" are typical as are Ron Hill "DXB" tracksters.

The same effect can be achieved by treating normal thermal clothing with a wah in waterproofing such as the Nikwax range.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i've never seen waterproof ones.

Top Bottom