Lamp post in way "design error"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
1D488BE4-FA27-4D3E-B319-5FF8143512F9.png

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
That site is blocked from my work computer.
It's a horror show of daft designs. Sadly, it seemed like more designers saw it and thought "well, if someone can get away with that, I'll be OK with this..." than feared inclusion in the website or book.

Many of the examples on the site remained unfixed, the last time I checked, so I don't blame the editor for not continuing to waste his time. Also, some of the things were pictured during construction and some were misdescribed: for example, the penultimate entry, Jan 2019, "A well lit cycleway" shows a signpost, not a lamppost, which still shouldn't be in a cycleway, but I guess a lamppost makes for an easier joke. So you can't trust the site, but that it's believable at all says nothing good about UK highways departments.

classic33

Leg End Member
The people who design & build this stuff should cycle to work before being let loose with highway planning
It goes from one parking space to another*. It was supposed to go over the crossing, then continue down the other side. Against the proposed/planned traffic flow. Soon to be a one way system, with traffic going uphill.

*Paid for parking spaces.

Top Bottom