Lancashire newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tango

I did post this elsewhere but think maybe I should have started a separate post :smile:

Hi all

This slightly flabby 45 year old could do with a little advice if possible.

I live near Preston Lancashire and have been mountain biking in the dales lakes scotland etc for about 8 years (well falling off into the mud at least)

I have done a bit of road riding and really enjoy that as well

Events I did last year were the Manchester Blackpool and Norwich 100

I am looking to find a local group / club for me and my better half to ride out with, preferably on Saturdays. We wouldn't want to be out with racing whippets, because I can't race and I am anything but whippet like

Any thoughts or advice would be very much appreciated

Garz

Squat Member
I can't comment too much on the local clubs but there are many around to pick from. Colin on these forums regularly organises CC outings - maybe you could try a couple of these in the meantime whilst you find that local friendly club? :bicycle:

OP
OP
Tango

Tango

Cheers Garz will keep a watch out

I just either don't want to or am not yet ready to join a race club and if I am honest think I probably don't want to

matthat

Über Member
Bit of a drive 1st for you but i used to live near Ormskirk and i know there's a club that rides from Middletons bike shop and also there is one that starts at the plough pub in Southport. Don't know much more about them but i'm sure with a bit of google sniffing you could find out!!

Top Bottom