Latest ‘mods’ - strengthened mudguard and new light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
I assume the difference is how you deal with the fold. If you smash the wheel on the ground while folding or in unfolded state this possibly makes a difference to dealing with it more gently and softly like i.e. using your foot to support a softer (but not slower) folding process or putting the folded bike more softly and sorrowfully onto the ground. The one break that I suffered from was when I was in a massive hurry and thus lacked conciousness, smashing the bike much harsher than I usually do.

I've been mulling this over since I fitted this. I don't think it's happening when folding, but when carrying and then putting down. Also, when I put the bike in the back of our small car I have to wedge it in to get it in the boot (it's a Mini Convertible). And it's probably a combination of these two things rather than the folding down which did the damage.

Annoyingly, I liked the black edition mudguards and this new strip does spoil the look. But it's more practical.

What I did notice on your shot of your mudguard is that the supports for the mudguard appear to be on in the wrong order. Was that deliberate?

berlinonaut

Veteran
What I did notice on your shot of your mudguard is that the supports for the mudguard appear to be on in the wrong order. Was that deliberate?
At that state of the build I did not care as it was only temporary for a test. Probably I had a reason for the order, but I do not remember which. 😊

Top Bottom