Latest recommended shorts and saddle ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ngeorge

i have a bontrager saddle (came as standard on my Trek Domane series 2). I currently wear shorts by funkier.

Is there anything more comfortable / more padding ? I hAve had both bike and shorts for over a year now and last couple of sportives have been noticeably more "bum numbing ".....

Many thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Depends on your budget. Rarely hear a bad word spoken about castelli, Rapha or Assos but need deeper pockets and may not fit riders at the larger end of the scale. Mid to higher end, gore, sugoi, sportful. Wiggles dhb popular, range to suit different budgets. You generally get what you pay for

Saddles on the other hand are very individual but a good start is getting one that is the right width for your sit bone measurement

Citius

Saddles and shorts are entirely personal choices - you will get loads of recommendations for both, but none of the information will be of any use.

Mike!

Guru
These have turned my painful Specialized Romin Evo Pro saddle into something I can actually sit on and ride quite happily (up to 4hrs at a time so far), may not suit you of course but got fitted up at my LBS and am very happy for the price (compared to a lot of bibs very reasonable!).

If your seat was once fine but now it is not maybe your short padding has flattened out or wearing a bit, get another pair.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I really like the pad in the Castelli Freeride shorts/Sorpasso longs and above. Their cheaper Rosso pad is also comfortable but the lycra is a fair bit tighter for the same sizing n my experience.

I would second the Endura recommendations. Stolen Goat are great too if you can afford them. DHB are good if you need a thicker pad. PlanetX's pads are great,though I found this week that ordering my usual XXL meant two tents turned up, haha! So sizing can be a problem - be prepared to send back for swapsies!

Top Bottom