Latest Tour: SaarLorLux - brilliant!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TwoInTow

Just got back from our tour yesterday. Was supposed to be two weeks, but got cut short halfway with an accident, but it was still brilliant.

I can't recommend this route enough - the Moselle is well known, but the cycling along the Saar was better, if anything. I'm surprised it's not better known, but it was as beautiful as the early stretches of Danube, and far less crowded, and equally well equipped.

I don't post a lot on here, but there is no way in the world I would have got into cycle touring without this forum, and I really grateful to all the regulars who are there every time with good advice. Thanks guys!

Blog is here.

mcr

Veteran
Great, inspiring blog, and so sorry the trip had to end the way it did. Glad you enjoyed the Saar - it makes me wish I'd done more of it myself. (Now I must finish my own CGOAB blog...!)

Loved the blog, even more ideas for a family tour next year now.

We had a very similar experience one year in France when son1 smacked his head hard on a playground in a French campsite. The owner took us to the doctors who gave us an appt. for the hospital where we took him next. In that case he was OK, though very definitely not himself for a bit. Well done to all three kids though.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Nice story apart from the bang on the nut.
FWIW, I'd suggest that the Romantissche Strasse would be right up your street, so to speak! Ideal for you lot.
I did it a couple of years back if you want to check out my cgoab.

Top Bottom