Latex tubes patching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Always use talc inside the tyre whatever the tube material. I like latex tubes, but got tired of topping them up before every ride. I 've often wondered how much pressure pro's tyres lost over a long tour stage.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm a talc'er too. Mainly due to the advice of the legendary Simon Legg once of this forum. His avatar had the the description 'Pre Talced & Mighty'

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I think my Dad, who wasn't really a cyclist, told me to pop a bit a talc on the tube / inside the tyre when i was but a wee lad.
I thought everyone knew / did that?

BTW don't worry about the Johnsons thing, inner tubes rarely develop cancer,

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My sister used to kill hoovers with the amount of talc she used. Very handy for me, as she'd say, "I've bought a new hoover as our other's knackered, do you want it for the car?". "Yes Please". Got vac, washed all the filters, assembled, nice new vac for the car.

notmyrealnamebutclose

Would get you home but fit the correct size asap,fitting a slightly smaller tube is ok in my view, but if you fit a tube thats to large chances are you will have folds in the tube and the folds rub against its self and ends up a puncture.

Happened on Christmas day just as it was getting dark. Ashamed to say I still haven't gotten round to changing it.

Top Bottom