LBS Near Peterborough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Russdee

Hi,

Looking for recommendations of a good bike shop in the Peterborough area. One with a good selection of clothing and reliable mechanics would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Russdee

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Russ, You have 2 Decent bike shops in the area. In Peterborough it's self is Bristows in Longthorpe.
Then there is Terry Wright cycles in Market Deeping.

OP
OP
R

Russdee

Thanks for this - I will have a ride over to TW's.

I have used Bristows though was a bit disappointed in the work they done for me.

Cheers

Russ

Unless you're dead set against, Aldi clothing (when they have it) does most folk and doesn't cost the earth.
Otherwise As stated already, Terry Wrights are there and there's On Yer Bike near the Triangle in New England.
If you ventured further afield there's Rutland Cycles near Whitwell (Rutland Water) but that is a bit of a hike.

OP
OP
R

Russdee

Hi Browser,

Thanks for this. Will pay a visit to On Yer Bike as not found that one yet.

I have been out to Rutland a couple of times. One of the Managers is a bit of a letch and has taken a shine to my other half and makes her feel really uncomfortable when trying on clothes. Had to advise him to back off last time so will not be returning!

Thanks again.

Cheers

Russ

Sorry to hear that Russ. Just this morning found out that Terry Wright Cycles is to become 360 Cycle Solutions. reading between the lines I think Terry himself is retiring and wants the business taken forward (or somesuch).
On Yer Bike are a small shop with a small stock of bikes & bits, but they seem competent enough. Never had any work done by them so make yer own mind up about them :biggrin:
Are you in the 'Boro or around/near?

OP
OP
R

Russdee

Hi,

That is a shame about TW - I suspect things will go down hill.

I live on the Hamptons just outside the city. Not ideal though suits at the mo. I work in the city.

Cheers

Russ

OP
OP
R

Russdee

Oh NO! could not work in that place - in Boro.

Feel really bad as still driving in - need to get a cheap commuter hack sorted as the bike racks at work are not the most robust and will not leave any of my pride and joys there.

Cheers

Russ

iendicott

Rusdee I am just up the road from you. I use Terry Wirght they do have a good select. There is also Rutlanf Water Cycles as well just up the A1.

OP
OP
R

Russdee

Thanks for this - am off to TW at the weekend.

As posted, will not use Rutland due to letch by the changing rooms - though I did also find their range of clothing a little limited.

When you say up the road - are you close to the Hamptons?

Cheers

Russ

iendicott

Russ, In Yaxley (Ferndale) so if you face a ride out PM me your details buddy !

BTW want to know how to save 10% at TW ? Course you do, get yourself a Good Going card from the council, its free and here is the link for ordering one

Rules here
http://www.peterborough.gov.uk/traf...lchoice/travelchoice_services/good_going.aspx

Card ordered here http://www.peterborough.gov.uk/traf...ce_services/good_going/good_going_pledge.aspx

You are more than welcome use use mine for the weekend as they take about 5 weeks to come in the post for some reason.

Funny I am looking at going upto Rutland this morning to have a look at a Scott CR1.

Ivan :wacko:

Top Bottom