Leatherhead Bikeathon 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J.Podsiadly

On the Sunday 26th September we at Queen Elizabeth's Foundation for Disabled People are having our 3rd Annual Leatherhead Bikeathon!

The event takes place in the picturesque Surrey Downs and will raise funds for the exceptional individuals that are the clients of the charity. QEF works with people living with physical and learning disabilities or acquired brain injuries to gain new skills and increase their independence. Whether it’s learning everyday life skills, rebuilding a life affected by brain injury, acquiring the skills to drive or training for future employment QEF supports disabled people to achieve goals for life.

The Bikeathon caters for all ages and abilities with routes of varying length and difficulty (13, 26 and 45 miles). Our 45 mile route has been dubbed "the ultimate challenge" and incorporates the biggest hill in Surrey! Not one for the faint hearted! Entry for all routes is £10 for Adults and £5 for Children with a minimum sponsorship of £20.

To register and for more information on the Bikeathon as well as the work we do here at QEF please visit www.leatherheadbikeathon.com.

Hope to see you there,

Joe

Joe Podsiadly
Community Fundraiser
Queen Elizabeth's Foundation for Disabled People

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Just down the road from me, so will check if I'm free and sign up if I can make it.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Well a friend and I did this yesterday. It was really good fun.
We got a bit competitive, and ended up doing the 27 miles in 1h55 which I thought was a pretty good average speed. In fact we were first to complete for that distance which we were really pleased with, especially as there were some pretty serious machines there and we were on a couple of heavy hybrids. Anyway, boasting over.

The route was really nice, recommend it.
http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/kucW-oBdH8A

Top Bottom