leeds liverpool canal run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

samfromcas

Regular
well been putting in the training ,lost 11 pounds so far , and tomorow doing the leeds liverpool canal ride over 3 days. will be starting from liverpool friday tea time ,should be back in castleford 142 miles hope fully about tea time sunday. wild camping friday and saturday night ,so hope we can find somewhere out of the way and quiet. just a nice steady run to enjoy the scenery.

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
The very best of luck to you all. At least it seems like you'll have dry weather under canvas.

MarkF

Guru
Good luck, the weather is going to good and the towpath is dry, lucky you!

Take time to stop at Saltaire, Roberts Park will be busy, a lovely place to relax with a drink by the river/canal before the last push to Leeds.

I'll be on the canal Sunday, if you see a black Dawes Discovery 501 with a pannier, say hello. ^_^

OP
OP
S

samfromcas

Regular
,thanks lads,yeah looks like the weather is going to be nice all week end .mark,we will probably stop for a coffee at that cafe barge i think thats around that area,will look out for you on sunday .we are 3 blokes and my daughter. will be on a boardman comp mtb big yellow bag on the rack.

MarkF

Guru
,thanks lads,yeah looks like the weather is going to be nice all week end .mark,we will probably stop for a coffee at that cafe barge i think thats around that area,will look out for you on sunday .we are 3 blokes and my daughter. will be on a boardman comp mtb big yellow bag on the rack.

Forget it, on a Sunday there will be a massive queue, that guy is useless! Go to a shop (2 mins, bridge over the canal), then go back down and relax in the park by the river. It's a bit of hassle 1 mile either side of Saltaire on a Sunday, especially a sunny Sunday, make sure you have a bell!

Top Bottom