Leeds station cycling facility reopens ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
In Leeds on Sunday so I'll have a good look round! Should be good being so big!

roley poley

Über Member
have missed this lockup for months .Good place to park up, well situated, purpose built, always well attended you could leave your bike go to work or shop and know it would be there when you got back .Will be my first port of call next time in central Leeds to find out if its the same or better

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
£1.50 a day for secure bike parking. Is that reasonable?
I don't know, I've never paid to park my bike before.

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
Guess it depends on what you get and if you think it's a small price to pay to know your bike is safe (or safer than left in other placers) and dry.
Our local bike hub have free parking and free shower but only when the shop is open. All you pay is £5 for the key fob.

MarkF

Guru
I am not paying to park a bicycle! In Leeds, I usually chain it to the railings in Granary Wharf under the station, open space, surrounded by bars/restaurants, never had a pannier tampered with.

I am not paying to park a bicycle!

:smile:

You northerner you - reminds me of my dad - he'd rather have been shot than pay to park the car.

So as kids we did rather a lot of walking from some extraordinary free parking slots.

Of course with a bike less of an issue.

Just ride something appropriate for the area, lock it well.

My major gripe is that you can only stop off or pick up during store opening hours. What a pain if you want to leave your ebike at the station for a long day in London, renders secure parking useless. What if you might be back just in time, but your train is delayed on the return leg. You're stuck in Leeds without access to your bike, and you'll have to come back the next day to collect it and presumably pay an extra £1.50 for the privilege.

Still, if I can make the journey in time without a hitch, I would gladly pay £1.50 to park my £5,000 ebike for one off trips, I might even consider it to support Leeds bricks and mortar retailers. What a pity there is no great route into the city from my neck of the woods. It's basically a long drag down the A58 from Drighlington which is busy with motor traffic, unless I take a huge diversion via Tong Village and Pudsey to use CS1, still, those are busy roads too. Meh. I'll keep buying my stuff online. Town planners are missing a trick aren't they.

Whilst not as cheap, it's far simpler to jump on the M621 and park in the city centre. Why do we have to make cycling so difficult by comparison. It's a long downhill stretch to leeds on the A58. I've done it a few times on my brompton, and got the bus back. Easy peasy. There's plenty of room for a cycle path on the A58 too. Rather annoying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom