Legal advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
fight it all the way, insurance company's are bastards for this. make sure you get copies of the original forms off them as they often say that some detail is not right, and it turns out it is (they told my mate her brother had not told them he had childhood asthma... when she got copies of the forms it turned out not only had he ticked the box but also wrote it in the additional info box) and i watched a program recently about scottish widows refusing to pay out. the woman requested the forms and there were loads of stuff on it she knew her husband hadn't told the representative. she went thro the ombudsman and they found the insurance representative guilty of negligence and the company had to pay out.

Fnaar said:
Good luck... I wish jobsworths would actually think about the circumstances before sending letters that will upset... although it's 23 yrs ago, I still remember my mum getting a letter asking her to repay £6 of my dad's pension, as he died before the month was out!

Sorry I know this is a little off track; but, in the 70's the father of a school friend of mine died at his work bench at 10 in the morning on Wednesday. His company delivered his pay packet to my friends mother on Friday afternoon with 2 days 3 hours worth of money in it.

Chris James

Über Member
postman said:
Ok.My mate over 60.His son passed away in his sleep this summer.Just went to bed and never woke up again.............The company women has flatly refrused tto recognise the reason for death.

What justification do they give for this?

It cannot be that uncommon. One of my sister's friends also died in her sleep at the age of around 30. No reason for it was ever found as far as I know.

In effect it is an adult version of cot death. Presumably the insurer wouldn't deny the existence of that?

ACS

Legendary Member
Chris James said:

It cannot be that uncommon. One of my sister's friends also died in her sleep at the age of around 30. No reason for it was ever found as far as I know.

In effect it is an adult version of cot death. Presumably the insurer wouldn't deny the existence of that?

They would if it was the get out needed.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Chris James said:

No personal experience, but I've heard of several cases of young people simply dropping dead - all sorts of heart weaknesses can be completely undiagnosed until it's too late....

I'd add one to the 'going to the press' voice, if all other avenues are exhausted. The columns in the press, Watchdog on TV (although it's a crappy show), they often seem to get results....

I hope it all gets worked out quickly... Perhaps we should know who the insurers are, so that we can vote with our money, so to speak....

Top Bottom