Legal challenge to walking & cycling funding cuts in the UK.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I see they want to 'take the government to court'.

I'm not sure shovelling money down the throats of already rich lawyers will do much for cycling infrastructure.

The campaign has reached £15,500 of a stretch target of £40,000.

The money will be completely wasted on legal fees because the campaigners will run out of funds way before the government, so any court action will just fizzle out.

OP
OP
AndreaVin

AndreaVin

If they win it would massively and positively affect cycling infrastructure. If they lose, they will have to pay the gov legal costs. That's what the money's for. They are asking for 'pledges' for that possibility. So it's a question of if you think they have a good case. How do we improve cycling infrastructure in your view?

Drago

Legendary Member
I personally want a clear and concise summary of their legal argument before I deign to feed the lawyers. Simply not liking it, as much as I empathise, isn't going to do it for me.

If they win it would massively and positively affect cycling infrastructure. If they lose, they will have to pay the gov legal costs. That's what the money's for. They are asking for 'pledges' for that possibility. So it's a question of if you think they have a good case. How do we improve cycling infrastructure in your view?
it will take years an the then government will take that win as cheap marketing points, a alternative would be to get organised to have a group demanding better infrastructure or no (futher) cuts, but at present with the group of cyclist still being relatively small it's always going to be difficult.

Top Bottom