LEJOG; 1 week until the off - any final advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
So, after much planning and anticipation it's only 1 week remaining.

12 days, 1000 miles. Accommodation sorted, bikes ready, riders fit(ish).

Any final words of wisdom?

peanut

good luck.! just take good care of the three points of contact with the bike and you'll be fine;)

peanut

Will1985 said:
I had no idea he was attempting it no-handed all the way!!

The feet are important too...

:rolleyes: hands, feet and bum 3x points ? unless there are others I am not using :biggrin:

wyno70

Eat when you get the opportunity, don't scoff too many sweets (you'll get the shoots), keep drinking all the time, don't keep stopping for photo's or you'll get nowhere and enjoy!

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
what is Zantac? So, I'm off on Friday, taking the train from Norwich to Penzance and the cycling starts on Saturday. If anyone from CC whats to donate to worthy causes visit the website and mention CC when donating. www.dajs.org.uk/LEJOG
You can also see some info on the course and riders, and once we set off you can track our every pedal rev using the live tracking link. Luckily, I'm not carrying the transmitter!

It's a kick ass antacid/indigestion tablet. You can buy it over the counter in most chemists.

Of all the things that were difficult about lejog, by far the worst problem was my gut. Because of the energy you expend you need to eat a lot, and making sure I didn't have an upset stomach was really important. It was the thing I suffered with the most.

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
DONE!

Devon was very hilly (why did we go via Lynmouth?) the weather was generally wet and windy and some of the roads were extremely dangerous (A30 / Runcorn Bridge etc.) but generally it was great. The saddle became very painful between days 6-10 but then improved a little during the last 2 days. Legs were hurting early on but by day 5 were fine.

Most memorable experience was crossing the Inverness suspension bridge in 100mph cross winds. Just pushing the bike across was extremely difficult (almost impossible) and the bridge was moving like crazy - I thought that I was going to die :ohmy:xx(:evil:

Top Bottom