LeJOG for the Legion...setting off this Saturday!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Just a reminder that as many of you know, self and a few other hardy souls (six of us now, I think) will be setting off from Lands' End this coming Saturday, arriving JOG on Saturday June 4 (nice gentle 115 miles/day for a week, then 63 or so on the final day), in honour of the Royal British Legion in its 90th anniversary year. We're paying all our own costs for this, so all donations will go to the worthy cause of helping service people past and present & their families. Thanks for reading this, and please give generously. My donation link's in the sig, our team donation page is here.

corshamjim

Respect! :thumbsup: I could never dream of doing LeJOG at that pace myself.

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Respect! :thumbsup: I could never dream of doing LeJOG at that pace myself.

Yup, I think I'm as prepared as I could be (done back to back century days a few times, 457 miles in the week I had off in March, 3.5k miles so far this year) but I know it'll still be hard for all of us.

Thanks for the donation!

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

In Bristol on day two. Ended up in sag wagon with 30+ miles to go- exhausted after trying to keep up with the others- 20+ MPH and still got dropped. Disgusted I failed so badly.

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Failed. Gutted. Only rode 555 miles out of 874 or thereabouts. Day two wasn't just a bonk, I'd got a stomach bug. Sunday night saw me very slowly eat most of a bowl of pasta, then return it whence it came. Sick again in the morning, spent the whole day in the support car, then most of the following day before riding the last 22 miles. Ended up in the van any time I was deemed to be 'too far behind' so I could catch up (the idea that scheduling/effort should allow people to ride the whole thing seems to have gone by the by). Though riding mile after mile on my own was perfectly OK (none of this happy-clappy let's help each other stuff with this lot), even when some others decided to do a distillery tour (?!!!).

I might as well have ridden a week of audaxes....f***ing hacked off right now.

Don't donate anything folks, I don't deserve it.

Top Bottom