LEJOG MAP HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CHEXTER

hey this might sound like a bit of a wierd question, but can anyone recomend a good, simple to read map to get me from lands end to john o'groats??????

Thanks

rogersavery

Take a road atlas apart and just take the pages you need

The OS road tour maps are great (the green ones), but you'll need several to cover the whole country. We started off planning it with a big road atlas , and ended up cutting the pages out and laminating them for each day of the trip. We also used a GPS, but when it failed, the road atlas didn't really have the level of detail required. We would have been better taking the OS road tour maps with us.

wyno70

As above, just get a road atlas and chop it up to suit. I did manage to find an A5 size road atlas so just took out all the pages I didn't want and then it fitted quite easily and neatly into my back pocket and was almost unnoticeable.

aqaleigh

bike britain by Paul Salter is a great book for lejog with tips, route maps, elevations, bike shop / campsite / b&b / hotel locations
950 mile route and avoids most major roads
wh smith seem to be about the best price roughly £8
I can highly recommend this book

aqaleigh

sorry forgot to mention
its 17 days i think - but can obviously be altered to suit as the author gives intermidiate location info roughly every 10 miles aswell as daily start and finish points

Top Bottom