Lejog starts next week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Glow worm

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Just another idea, from Munlochy you could follow the (NCN 1) to the Cromarty-Nigg ferry and cross over there, then all quite roads to Tain, however sometime the ferry decides not to run, but as they have a new one now it might be more reliable, year before last when I arrived there late one afternoon, I along with a few cars waited on the Nigg side for a ferry that never came, only to find out that it had not run at all that summer.

Thanks T- it's such a shame as I'd really wanted to go that way from the outset, and my early route planning took that route. It's quiet as you say and misses a big stretch of A9. Sadly, the ferry doesn't get going for another month (but at least it looks like running this summer!) - here's a link for anyone else planning a later ride.

snorri

Legendary Member
Just another idea, from Munlochy you could follow the (NCN 1) to the Cromarty-Nigg ferry and cross over there,

This ferry service is scheduled to start running on 26/5/12 according to their website, although signs on the A9 are indicating the presence of the ferry, in fact it is not operating.:sad:
http://www.cromarty-ferry.co.uk/

Unfortunately the ferry company shows a serious lack of any customer awareness, it's a nice trip when running, but sadly the service has been unreliable this past few years.

Edit to say woops, posting at same time.

Fubar

Guru
Good Luck Glowworm for tomorrow if you get a chance to see this before you go! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Col5632

Guru
Good luck for the trip, its a trip i really want to make one day and as much as i would do it on my own my nav skills are terrible and i would end up getting lost lol

OP
OP
Glow worm

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Cheers Col & Fulbar. I'm gutted that I have had to postpone for a few weeks as my troublesome knee has been v. Painful & my physio has said I must avoid hills! That's easy around here but not of course in Cornwall. I think it will heal ok but don't want to risk it now in case it causes longer term problems. So I'm really disappointed for now, but will certainly be hitting the road as soon as I am fit again.

Fubar

Guru
Cheers Col & Fulbar. I'm gutted that I have had to postpone for a few weeks as my troublesome knee has been v. Painful & my physio has said I must avoid hills! That's easy around here but not of course in Cornwall. I think it will heal ok but don't want to risk it now in case it causes longer term problems. So I'm really disappointed for now, but will certainly be hitting the road as soon as I am fit again.

That's a shame, but there is no point causing yourself long term damage for the sake of a few weeks - the weathers' crap anyway at the mo, just blame it on that :whistle: .

Keep us up to date when you are going again, I went over by Path of Condie at the weekend - plenty of hills and hardly any vehicles! Only a few miles north of Dunfermline but it felt very remote.

Top Bottom