Lemond Number Two

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beancounter

Lemond Build (2)

I've just finished my second Lemond build, following the Victoire earlier this year the 1995 columbus GL custom steel frame is now complete and ready for many happy miles (I hope).

Spec is Campag Veloce throughout in the nice alloy finish, together with really nice Nitto bars, stem and seatpost. I went to town on the handbuilt wheels which are Campag Record 32 hole hubs and Mavic Open Pro rims, plus Michelin Krylion Carbon tyres (looking forward to seeing how these compare to Pro Race 2/3).

Anyway to say I'm delighted with it would be a massive understatement, especially as the frame was acquired for an absolute song.

bc.

OP
OP
beancounter

beancounter

More:-

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
wafflycat said:
On reading the title of this thread, here was me thinking it was about Mr LeMond's Tour de France incident in 1986..
absolutely!

nice bike, beautifully restored - much more relaxed geometry than some of the same era.

OP
OP
beancounter

beancounter

wafflycat said:
On reading the title of this thread, here was me thinking it was about Mr LeMond's Tour de France incident in 1986..

Well, easy mistake to make, especially as the thread is in "Photo Gallery".....:angry:

bc

Nice build bc :-)

OP
OP
beancounter

beancounter

Aperitif said:
That's a good job bc - nasty bit of grit on the rear tyre in the rear stay detail shot though! :evil: Did you think of using 'coloured' bar tape at any stage?

Damn! (hate grit).

It's always black bar tape for me.

bc

Top Bottom