Levi Leipheimer and the suspicious blood...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
bad link

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What a shock that is? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The disturbing things are that instead of naming and shaming, the UCI asked Holczer to find an excuse to exclude him! Tendonitis is a common one. Stomach upset? W*nkers.

The other thing is that Holczer was under such personal pressure of bankruptcy that he felt he had to collude.

p.s another of Lance's close confidantes fingered.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
What a shock that is? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The disturbing things are that instead of naming and shaming, the UCI asked Holczer to find an excuse to exclude him! Tendonitis is a common one. Stomach upset? W*nkers.
In fairness he was supposedly just under the threshold, so the UCI would have had limited powers to act.

p.s another of Lance's close confidantes fingered.
It's starting to get a bit closer to home now, isn't it? :evil:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Yes but the UCI are effectively saying that LL is clearly doped and we'd rather he didn't get caught, so tell a little white lie and he can have a bit of time to tinker with his microdosing.

I know what you're saying Chuffers, but it makes me soooooo mad!!!!!!:biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
This is old news but......

A German press agency says Levi Leipheimer stayed in the same hotel as Michele Ferrari, the Italian sports doctor, in Tenerife, in the Canary Islands, last year. Ferrari has been persona non grata since being convicted in October 2004 of sports fraud and illegally acting as a pharmacist.

Last week, it turned out that three T-Mobile Tour riders: Michael Rogers, Patrik Sinkewitz, and Eddy Mazzoleni have had their training plans arranged by Ferrari. The team says Rogers, sitting a bare 1 second behind Tom Boonen in the Tour, cut off contact 2 months ago, and that “all medical arrangements for T-Mobile's 29 riders will in future by handled by the University Clinic in Freiburg.” Ferrari also worked with Lance Armstrong, who publicly ended their relationship after Ferrari's trial, but in 2005, during the publicity for his book Lance Armstrong's War, Daniel Coyle said Ferrari had been spotted in Girona in March.

from here
http://www.tdfblog.com/2006/07/doping_roundup_.html

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
I see there's been a positive test in Team Radio Shack too

http://www.cyclingne...-test-confirmed
Saw that. Clembuterol? That's a bit old skool innit?

mangaman

Saw that. Clembuterol? That's a bit old skool innit?

Yeah I agree. Bit of an odd one in that race and with that rider.

Instsutionalised doping in Armstrong's teams and ex-teammates ; lets hope the FBI get into it after the Landis affair and get serious about it. :thumbsup:

This Chinese chap's positive seems a bit incongruous and it sounds like he was doing it himself.

Bruyneel doesn't have a history of failed dope tests among his riders - especially obscure domestiques.

kennykool

You know what I really dont get....and call me stupid if you like......but WHY OH WHY would these guys still dope with substances/methods that are so commonly used and can be traced no problems.

I mean are these guys thick or are they just playing some kind of Russian Roulette type game where they think the wont get tested on that day?

Also why would a guy ( Who ,excuse my ignorance, i've never really heard of) dope in a team where testing will be high anyway?

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
You know what I really dont get....and call me stupid if you like......but WHY OH WHY would these guys still dope with substances/methods that are so commonly used and can be traced no problems.

I mean are these guys thick or are they just playing some kind of Russian Roulette type game where they think the wont get tested on that day?

Also why would a guy ( Who ,excuse my ignorance, i've never really heard of) dope in a team where testing will be high anyway?
I reckon he took the last Hobnob at Radioshack training camp and Lance spiked his bedtime Horlicks in revenge.

oldroadman

Veteran
I reckon he took the last Hobnob at Radioshack training camp and Lance spiked his bedtime Horlicks in revenge.

Serious offence, that, taking the boss's last biscuit.
As for the guy caught for clenbuterol, well he's an idiot and deserves all that's coming.

The title of this thread sounds like a bad harry potter story.

I wouldn't be surprised if Levi was doping, the way he lead Lance a few times in TdF was immense.

Be sad to see him banned from the sport, always liked levi.

Russian roulette, you get caught, you're buggered, you don't, you're good at cycling. As you've suggested, not many have heard of Levi, so why not dope him to help Lance out a bit? if he gets ejected from races, it's not too bad.

kennykool

havent heard of Levi? seriously???

sorry maybe didnt make it clear - my reply was in response to the other link on this thread regarding Li Fuyu who has been caught doping

Top Bottom