Lidl 22.03

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfromotley

anyone know what those shoes are like?

andy

buddha

Veteran
andyfromotley said:
anyone know what those shoes are like?

andy

Those shoes look almost identical to the ones I bought about 6 months ago (though mine don't have a 'leather upper'). Only cost £9.99 then! Here's a quick review:

Generally they are well built though a bit heavy. However within a week one of the nylon loops (for the laces) frayed and snapped - I just made a hole/eyelet in the shoe for the lace which has lasted fine.
I got these to use with flat pedals (with pins), but the tread makes getting your foot position right a bit random. With spd's they're fine.
I have wide feet and they are comfortable - feel similar to my spech BG shoes.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Lidl shoes

Agreed - last year's model was heavy, although they had a second round which seemed to be lighter (although sadly not in my size)

The other thing to watch out for is the threaded plate (for the spd) Made of cheese. Fit cleats as soon as you get them home. Don't wear them with flat pedals or walk in them. Give the cleat bolts some real welly (well as much as you can with an ordinary 4 mm allen key) If it strips the threads on the shoe plate you can take them straight back to the shop for a refund/exchange.

If these ones are lighter I'll probably get some.

Top Bottom