Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Thanks Garilla - LEDs have come on leaps and bounds in the last few years.

The turbo setting is too intense for traffic, so I'll run it at high or medium and save the wall of light for country lanes/off-road.

It's a thrower, but the beam has bright spill too - it's good for the roads when you're travelling at speed. I've submerged the torch in the sink and there was no water ingress.

I'll have to see how the run times go, but I'll carry spare batteries for longer rides just in case.

It's a bit top heavy (good heatsinking) and 18650 batteries are not to everyone's tastes, but it's a lot of lumen for the money. That said, I don't think I'll get another as I can't see how I'll attach two of these monsters to my bike!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Anyone got a Knog Toad ???????

Interested as a backup to the Hopes - as a flashy/wide angle thingy.......

Good cheap light for commuting. Not great for seeing potholes but if the streets are well lit the white ones kind of glow all over. I gave one to my mother for her birthday last year.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Yep, you do need good lights for country riding at night, I tend to ride only on lit suburban roads at night.

The point I was making though was that a hi-viz tabbard is the first thing I see when I'm in the car at night and so I regard the wearing of a good hi-viz tabbard to be essential at night.

It would be interesting to hear the views in this thread of anyone else who drives as well as rides (MichaelM?) and what catches your attention first (i.e. a good rear light or a hi-viz tabbard).

A good hi-viz tabbard, is no substitute for a decent set of lights. I am not talking about a set of micky mouse cateyes really good lights will make driver think you are another car when the first see them, Hi-Viz is much over rated...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wooohaaaa who resurrected this thread................ ?????????

I have a Toad now as a backup, just on flash to make me identifiable as a bike, whilst two Hope 1's do their business.

Top Bottom